file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Santhosh:

I pray for Wayne & his family each and everyday because I truly want the best for them. Our genres of music may be different...that's OK. We both enjoy great sound, whether it be music or home theater. Wayne seems to really care...I really appreciate that.

Santhosh, I'll be praying for you...wishing you the best.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Thanks Brothers Santhosh and Anthem,
I really enjoy reading about what you are listening to and the systems you are building to hear your Jazzy music.
And I appreciate the friendship, I would say comeraderie, but don't know how to spell it.
And of course the prayers.
We are at the end (I HOPE and PRAY) of the rainy season here. It should have been finished already but it is not. The rain has been too much again this year. I don't know if you remember, but last year we had a lot of rain and it all gathered up and ran down and flooded Bangkok badly. They (gov't officials) said they took steps to make sure this could never happen again. I would like to believe that, but we will see for sure, because we have had SOOOOO much rain again this year.
This has affected us two ways, one, it has dragged out the house construction a LOT. Mud is EVERYWHERE and every truck in the county that has come to bring building materials has been stuck more than once, they refuse to come now.
And I work in Bangkok sometimes, hold training courses there. The floods keep students from signing up and coming--Bangkok used to be my best location for work, and it the cheapest and easiest and BEST place for me to hold courses.
So thanks for prayers for our house to get finished, the rain to stop, no floods and for personal health.
They will be appreciated.
God Bless you guys,
Many thanks,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've been listening to a lot of Fourplay lately.. here is yet another selection

Fourplay / Elixir (1995 Warner)

Lots of great tunes including :Elixir, Dream Come True, Play Lady Play.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Well, thanks for the prayers Anthem. Wayne, that is a lot of rain! Global warming? We had our Hurricane Sandy last year.

The results are in. My turntable bests my digital music by an appreciable margin when I play brand new audiophile grade vinyl! The sound is so much more involving, the bass is deeper and tighter and the soundstage is HUGE! I cannot see myself buying CDs again. Listening to the turntable forced me to listen to the whole album from start to finish. There were some songs that I would typically have skipped over (with the push of a button on my remote control) - not that easy to do with a turntable. Listening to the whole album was not such a bad thing. It taught me patience as I waited for the songs I really wanted to hear.

Alright, here are the records I listened to last night: First "The Big Lebowski" This was a superb album - I especially liked the Gypsy Kings version of Hotel California. Second "Ascenseur Pour L'echefaud" by Miles Davis. What can I say...a wonderful album, short and sweet.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: my pic got lost info_outline
Holy Moly Brothers, we have an analogue convert on our hands!!!!!
Now just wait until we can get you hooked on TOOOOBES!!!!!!

Bro Santhosh, the huge soundstage is with your T7s? Is that right?

Looking forward to any more reports, follow-ups.

Interesting comment about having to be patient to wait for tracks, and to listen to the whole disc. I think I do that too on CDs for the most part. I rarely skip ahead or jump around. Unlike most now who just choose one or two fav tracks off a disc and put them into their playlist.
I am bemoaning the loss of shiny discs and you are one step behind me now, where are all the snap, crackle pop black discs?
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Tis Friday once again...the machine at work that we've been having a problem with...finally fixed...took 18 days...PTL
currently listening to:

Acoustic Alchemy - AArt (Higher Octave)

Nylon String guitar with an abundance of saxophone. Favorite track has to be Tuff Puzzle with The Velvet Swing not far behind.
Robbie's Revenge also a winner.
Bro Wayne do you have work for next week or another week off?

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back