file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Well guys, at least your teams are playing well at the right time, UNLIKE my Texans, who won their (poor) division, but are backing into the playoffs, AGAIN. Sad to say they SUCK AGAIN.
One of these years.
Enjoy the games and music.
Enjoying BBQing shrimp outside, not freezing.
My Texans ciems are in Thailand now, but I won't get them for a few more days, the mailman is off work for the next few days. Will let you know.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Rick, I knew you were a man of taste (from your music selections and now being a fellow Pats fan :-).

This morning listing to some old swing jazz on vinyl.
And an controversial album of Zep covers by Vanessa Fernandez: www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/vaness...en-the-levee-breaks/ via Tidal...

Happy New Year!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Halftime for the Cotton Bowl. I have my own band performing thanks to my T1s! It's Big Band Bossa Nova by Stan Getz. I picked this double LP up this morning. The second album in the set is Jazz Samba, which is great on CD! Looking forward to evaluating the vinyl version. Mahna De Carnival sounds very good.

Cheers,

T Cobe

PS- Those are some LARGE shrimp Wayne! Weather looks quite nice. I won't be grilling in short sleeves until May...
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Pbgalvin

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 8 months ago

As Anthem has recommended, more Jazz for 2017! Will it make it a better year? It certainly can't hurt. No megasets of push-ups or deadlifts here today, but I do have a date with the treadmill. Hoping for at least 3.5 miles today. I'll probably braver the gym tomorrow, early in the AM before the New Year's crowd.

Any resolutions out there on the forum this year, folks? My goal is to run 365 miles this year and work on reducing stress. Watching post season football is not helping...

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, Pbgalvin

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey, Pbgalvin

Happy New Year to you also!

How do you like Tidal? I use Deezer Elite for most streaming. They both seem to offer similar SQ, music libraries, and services, like offering playlists based on music preferences, storing favorites and albums, downloading, etc. SONOS now offers either/both as add-on services. And with either, once enrolled, you can then download the app to other devices including smart phones, sign in and steam to anything. I stream via SONOS to the GE'ts/HT and use the Deezer app on desktops to stream to desktop speakers, and on the laptop and iphone to stream to headphones. For the mobile app, it gives audio setting options ranging from compact (MP3) to enhanced/wi-fi connections only, to enhanced/all connections including cellular. I leave it on enhanced/all, though it can chew up cellular data faster in that mode.

So far, I'm happy with Deezer, but would probably enjoy Tidal equally... just can't justify subscribing to both. I do save on purchasing CD's... the only CD's I have purchased in a long time are SACD's.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Hey TCobe, looking forward to your vinyl review.
For a treat i got myself the vinyl of Buena Vista Social Club - since I love the movie and CD so much. Spinning it now and so far fantastic.

Hey Rick.
Yes Deezer and Tidal seem similar. Tidal has the pushback that it's backed by big (and unliked?) musicians.
I signed up because of that audiophile review playlist I posted a while ago.
But extra bonus, if you like third man records and vinyl, then join third man's quarterly club for $20 per month and get a $15 per month credit for Tidal, so hi res Tidal down to $5 per month and receive quarterly presents from Third Man. Anyway seemed like a good idea at the time.

Really like the sound quality of Tidal, haven't done A/B testing but sounds pretty close to CD quality.
I still like owning tracks though so do a mix of buying media and listening on Tidal...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back