• arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 11 months ago
That's the one!!!
Too Good!!!!
Pls let us hear what you think?
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 11 months ago

Ravi Coltrane / Moving Pictures (1996) -- Inner Urge

Nice song -- good SQ.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 11 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: That's the one!!!
Too Good!!!!
Pls let us hear what you think?
God Bless, Wayne

I ordered it today, should be here in a couple days. I'll definitely post on how it sounds to me.

Thanks all for the recommendation!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 11 months ago
I had time to go back today and listen to Rhapsodies in 3-channel through my Oppo/Anthem/Emotiva surround sound setup. The size of the soundstage was so big, I had to go and put my ears next to my surrounds to see if they were playing. The imaging, detail, dynamics, and depth were all first rate as well. It definitely felt more immersive: like being at the event. The T1s and the SCXL were working in perfect unison.

On my 2-channel setup, the highs have a bit more sparkle and air, the lows hit a bit harder, and the sound is a bit more transparent. It's a close race between the two but I find the immersive sound of the surround setup with SACDs to have the edge. I'll definitely be looking for more SACDs in the Living Stereo series.

On another note, Oppo is releasing a new Sonica DAC that looks pretty interesting. It may be nice to have this with a NAS drive to play music without changing discs... I'll look forward to the reports from RMAF next week. If the Sonically DAC can one up the BDP-105, I'm in!

www.oppodigital.com/sonica-dac/

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 11 months ago

T Cobe wrote: I had time to go back today and listen to Rhapsodies in 3-channel through my Oppo/Anthem/Emotiva surround sound setup. The size of the soundstage was so big, I had to go and put my ears next to my surrounds to see if they were playing. The imaging, detail, dynamics, and depth were all first rate as well. It definitely felt more immersive: like being at the event. The T1s and the SCXL were working in perfect unison.

On my 2-channel setup, the highs have a bit more sparkle and air, the lows hit a bit harder, and the sound is a bit more transparent. It's a close race between the two but I find the immersive sound of the surround setup with SACDs to have the edge. I'll definitely be looking for more SACDs in the Living Stereo series.

On another note, Oppo is releasing a new Sonica DAC that looks pretty interesting. It may be nice to have this with a NAS drive to play music without changing discs... I'll look forward to the reports from RMAF next week. If the Sonically DAC can one up the BDP-105, I'm in!

www.oppodigital.com/sonica-dac/

Cheers,

T Cobe

Hey, T Cobe

I'm glad you're playing with surround!! I've no doubt your 2 channel set-up is superb. What I find about surround is that the immersive sound bubble just draws me in. I have moved from multi channel with 2 channel stuff to Dolby surround. I'll try 3 channel stuff as is, and also in Dolby surround.

Just wait until you add the height speakers and try the new Dolby surround or DTS Neural!!!

However you slice it, you're building an amazing sound system and music library!

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 7 years 11 months ago

T Cobe wrote: It definitely felt more immersive: like being at the event. I find the immersive sound of the surround setup with SACDs to have the edge. I'll definitely be looking for more SACDs in the Living Stereo series.

Same here along with Rick. I do enjoy stereo and mono, but I love the enveloping feel of a good multi-channel mix.

T Cobe wrote: Oppo is releasing a new Sonica DAC that looks pretty interesting. It may be nice to have this with a NAS drive to play music without changing discs.

My disappointment is this DAC appears to be stereo only from what has been said at Steve Hoffman forums and with all my multi-channel SACDs and Dvd-Audios, I will wait for an affordable multi-channel DAC. I have considered the exaSound e28 but it cost over $3K. I was hoping this new Oppo DAC would be multi-channel but perhaps they will have a multi-channel version early next year or those speculating it is only stereo are wrong.

The last couple of weeks my free time has gone towards ripping my entire SACD collection using the Oppo 105 to the new NAS which has 6 bays with 6 WD Red Pro 6 TB drives for 36 TB capacity. Not done with the rips, but up to the 'Ps' and closing in on 2 TB. Also hoping that any new Oppo DAC allows SACD ISOs to be played via USB and ethernet. This avoids further ripping each ISO to DSF format. Twice if the SACD has both stereo and multi-channel, and even more space on the NAS, but this is why I got a large NAS.

With RAID 6, which provides safer redundancy if two drives fail before replacement, the actual storage space quickly reduces down as 2 of the HDs, 12 TB, are now unavailable. I also will re-rip my DVD-Audios to multi-channel as my first pass on those a few years ago was to stereo only and almost all of those are multi-channel discs. I also still need to address off-site or cloud backup, and will have that before end of year.

Oh, and I forgot, I also plan on ripping my vinyl which is even a more laborious process than SACDs and Dvd-Audios.
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back