file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 3 months ago

Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall (1957) -- Blue Monk

What can I say about this song...Righteous with a heaping spoonful of splendid.
Two greats on stage...live. Good is Good.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 3 months ago

Chuck Loeb / Presence (2007) -- Rikki Don't Lose That Number

What a song. With the new Mullard EL34'S and Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercords running the show, I may never leave the living room. The T2's have been sounding extra special lately.

Wink, Wink...Rick ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago

Well, it's been a long week and I've been separated from my GET set up anchored by my T1s. Silver lining to this cloud is that my second set of Red Dawn cables have arrived and are in place. I'm replaying a few familiar tracks tonight to get a feel for the change. The sound stage is much larger now. The bass is deeper and everything is more dynamic and musical. The presentation is definitely less analytical and I'm happy to say the brass is smooth despite the silver coated copper.

This is a great track. It has everything I look for except soothing vocals. My Tritons are delivering the music with a punch and precision that had been previously missing. The holographic imaging is enveloping the room. I finally feel like my T1s are hitting their maximum potential (on my budget).

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, Roman Johnston

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hey, T Cobe

Your description of what the Red Dawn cables have done is tantalizing. Seems there's lots of ways to skin the audio cat. Makes me wonder what they would do for my system vs. the Signal Cables Ultra's I now have... I've steered away from silver so far because I haven't wanted to add "brightness", but it appears Red Dawns don't do that.

Can you remind again what type/brand cables you replaced, and on what equipment both sets of Red Dawns now reside? Your description of the SQ improvement has shades of what Anti-Cables do. An Anti-Cable/Red Dawn combo in my future?? $$$$ signs dancing in my head. B)

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Good Morning Rick,

I was using Monoprice and Mogami Gold analog interconnects. The Nordost was a big step up. I don't think it would be as big a jump from Signal Cable. Are you using their interconnects as well. The Ultras look like good speaker cables. I haven't replaced my speaker cables yet. That will be my next cable upgrade.

I am using the XLR cables between my Emotiva ERC-3 CD player, XSP-1 Pre-amp, and XPA-1L amps. Monoprice cables were great for the money but the Nordost are a significant improvement that is very audible in my system. The Mogami Gold cables were an even bigger difference. I would highly recommend trying the Nordost cables. Though they use silver, there is no harshness and seem to have less sibilance than the other cables I was using. I also briefly tried them between my Anthem and Emotiva XPA 5 and heard a significant improvement. As always, I'd demo them first or purchase from a dealer like Music Direct with a 60 day money back guarantee.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Thanks, T Cobe

Re interconnects, I'm using an Audioquest Evergreen from the SONOS Connect to the AVR, a Kimber from the AVR front channels pre-out to the NAD amp, and custom built analogs (6, by my local HT guy, for 5.1 surround) from the OPPO to the AVR.. don't know how to compare the custom builts to any brand. My local dealer carries Nordost, think I'll explore some when I get back.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back