file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Steve Gadd Band / 70 Strong (2015) -- Sly Boots

Exquisite sound this afternoon. Decided to crank the volume on the Emotiva/Primaluna combo...I was blown away with the absolute control the T2's had on this song. Goosebumps...I kid you not!

Rick, T Cobe, and anyone else...if you enjoy this genre of music, this particular cd is well recorded and a worthy addition to your library. It's loaded with detail and wonderful dynamics, and goosebumps galore.

Primaluna/Emotiva combo
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Picked up the Concord Jazz Super Audio CD sampler V2.
Much cheaper than v1.
Music maybe not as interesting as V1, but equally well recorded.
Favorite song so far is Pete Escovedo doing hot latin jazz, but as with other samplers, the music is all over the jazz map.

Anyway well recorded demo disc with good music...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 4 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote:

anthem wrote:
Keep up the pushups...maybe you, Rick, and I, can have a competition some day.

Hey, Anthem

SO, we'd have to beat 100 plus whatever additional insane number you've reached by then.... :(

Would I get a "Senior Handicap"???

Maybe you and T Cobe should "check in" on our TX place first as T Cobe suggested earlier, and then take the "Redeye" to NH for the contest after June 1, as tired as possible,,, :P

Sure, I'd love to meet you guys in person anywhere, maybe even have to lose big time to the push-up champ to do it!!

This is my kind of forum...

Rick

I'm with Rick. It would be a hoot to meet you guys in person. I think the potential results of a push up competition are well known at this point. ;)

I received my last set of acoustic panels yesterday from GIK and listened to one of my favorite test disks: Genius Lives Company by Ray Charles and company. These panels were the Polyfusor diffuser/absorber panels. I didn't like straight absorption on the front wall. The diffusion and absorption seems to be a good match for music. The highs were more open and airy. The bass is immediate and the resolution is phenomenal. I highly recommend this as a reference disk. The sound quality is fantastic and there is a ton of spatial cues. It really is impressive when you get things tuned in.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Hey, T Cobe

I have the Monster Music edition of Ray Charles's "Genius Loves Company", which includes a stereo disc and a HD surround disc. I love them both, but you might be able to guess which one I play on the GEt system (I do play the stereo disc in the car, in NH, etc.).

I agree, the SQ is more than first rate. Everything is SO clear, clean, nuanced.

My absolute favorite track on this is the first one, "Here we go again", with Norah Jones. It is SO smooth, so rich, I sometimes just put it on to just enjoy it and relax and zone out. It's like butter melting all around me. SMOOOOTH!!

The offer is always open, I'd love to meet my fellow music/GEt lovers. TX, NH, Kansas, Wisconsin, ... whatever.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Robert Rich one of my all time favorite Soundscape artists. Saw one of his buddies Steve Roach live at the Aladdin here in Portland...it was like a 3 hour meditation.

Throw it on and let your mind unclog. Let the music float you to other dimensions. :)

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Donald Byrd / Black Byrd (1973) -- Slop Jar Blues

No Zen/Float music here. Crank er up and your foot will be a tappin and your head a bobbin.
The wife says that this sounds like something from the seventies...good times were had in the seventies.

Another pushup personal best attempt...
Failed (121) previous record (129)
Another attempt in 2 weeks.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Roman Johnston

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back