file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Yellowjackets / Altered State (2005) -- Hunter's Point. Excellent dynamics and detail, especially at higher volume levels.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mindi Abair / Life Less Ordinary (2006) -- Slinky

Nice riff...from her sweet and innocent days. Play this one loud and you will be rewarded with a very detailed, dynamic sound.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mindi Abair / In Hi-Fi Stereo (2010) -- Anyway Way You Wanna

Her best endeavor to date. The entire cd (product) is a sonic treat. Jaw dropping sax with a couple of vocal tracks thrown in for good measure.

Never ceases to amaze me how loudly the T2's can play and retain their composure. Blistering sound with absolute clarity...not a bad trait to have.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 4 months ago

anthem wrote: Never ceases to amaze me how loudly the T2's can play and retain their composure. Blistering sound with absolute clarity...not a bad trait to have.

A very good point and one that gets missed a lot, the Tritons play loud without the stress that typically makes loud playback hard to take. They are a joy to listen to loud, and you can do it without huge power. I would say they play louder, more pleasantly, than any high-end loudspeaker I have ever owned or heard (and I'm pretty sure I've been exposed to just about everything at one point or another).
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

anthem wrote: Never ceases to amaze me how loudly the T2's can play and retain their composure. Blistering sound with absolute clarity...not a bad trait to have.

A very good point and one that gets missed a lot, the Tritons play loud without the stress that typically makes loud playback hard to take. They are a joy to listen to loud, and you can do it without huge power. I would say they play louder, more pleasantly, than any high-end loudspeaker I have ever owned or heard (and I'm pretty sure I've been exposed to just about everything at one point or another).

Ditto on my end, though I'm sure I haven't heard as many different speakers as Moderator Dude. These are the first speakers I have ever owned, or listened to, where I never feel a need to "Turn down the treble, or the volume" because the music went from pleasant to unenjoyable as I added volume . Most speakers just move to the HARSH side at some point, especially in the treble range, when more volume is added. Not GEt's. SMOOTH AND RICH AT ANY VOLUME....

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Great song from a fantastic album. My turn for some loud music. This is not a great sounding album but this is as good as I've heard it.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, Roman Johnston

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back