file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Brian Culbertson / Another Long Night Out (2014) -- Fullerton Ave. feat. Chuck Loeb

This song literally gives me Goosebumps. This song, as well as the entire cd, demands volume...and the more the merrier. Brian's piano accompanied by the drum/bass are incredibly dynamic, and when played loudly, will send a shiver up and down your spine. My Torri cannot do this type of music Justice. When played through the Emotiva Prima Luna combo everything falls into place. Dynamics, speed in transits, ear bleeding volume, and a "I Just Want to Shake My Tail Feathers" attitude, is what one experiences when played through this combo.

I told the wife this morning, if something doesn't sound quite right through the Torii, I'll put the Emotiva/Primaluna in it's place (problem solved) I'm fortunate to have various amps/preamps that I can experiment with.

After owning the Torri for 16 months now, she really shines with traditional, be-bop type Jazz...Transparency is Her Strong point. She does, from time to time, over exaggerate the Bass, and when that happens I switch over to the Emotiva / Primaluna... again, problem solved.

Eiffel62: great choice of music. I've ordered a few things from Acoustic Sounds through the years. Almost bought a Pass Lab Amp a couple of years ago, but passed on their 8K sale price. The wife and I go to Salina about once a year. We like to visit Rolling Hills Zoo and eat at Russells Truck stop.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Yes, Rick, I have the Van Cliburn, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I got it for the Tchaik and the Rac is an added bonus!
Just back from a week down at Phuket, it is HOT here!
God bless, Wayne

Hey Wayne

Basedon how much I loved the recording and SQ of this Living Stereo SACD, I ordered four more Living Stereo SACD's: "My Favorite Chopin", Van Cliburn; "Mussorgsky, Pictures at an Exhibition"; Rimsky-Korsokov, Shererazade"; and "Respighi, Pines of Rome...".

I continue to switch back and forth between 3 channel and multi channel stereo.. love them both.

If you have any other particular Living Stereo favorites, I'd love to know what they are. What a gift from recording geniuses who really knew what they were doing!! Keep out of the heat!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Hey, Anthem

I've been streaming the Brian Culbertson album this morning. Good stuff! And yes, more volume is good!

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Brian Culbertson / X11 (2010) -- Waiting for You

This is my favorite song on the cd. Much of the music on this cd is Soul Smooth Jazz oriented, of which I am not a fan of. To date...Brian's "Another Long Night Out" cd is the favorite.

Rick...any particular song on "Another Long Night Out" that "Does it For You"?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395

anthem wrote:
Rick...any particular song on "Another Long Night Out" that "Does it For You"?

I agree with you, "Fullerton Ave" just plain has the dynamics down pat. That's my favorite. Brian is another artist I can add to my search list! SQ overall very good on the whole album... clean, detailed, dynamic.

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tia Fuller / Healing Space (2007) -- Just a Journey

The sophomore release from the saxophonist/flutist, Tia and her all girl band perform an inspired project of soul stirring jazz grounded in palpable spirituality.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back