• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 5 months ago

T Cobe wrote:
Assessing vocals and bass response after adding bass traps and adjusting positioning. What better album for vocals and bass than Lorde: Pure Heroine. My gain knobs definitely needed to be turned down from 13:00 to 12:00 and the bass is still tight, fast, and deep. You'd have to look far and wide to find bass response so rich and tonally accurate as GET powered Tritons. I thought my T1s were great before but treating my environment has them performing even better. This could get addictive...

Cheers,

T Cobe

Hey, T Cobe

I agree. Lorde music is a great test of bass. I use her song "Royals" often as a bass test when I make any changes (new power cords, speaker location adjustments, speaker or component changes, etc.), just to see if the bass response is still well distributed, still deep, rich, clean, "there". Yes, it can get addicitive. I've yet to experience "the bass sound" more gorgeous, surrounding than what GEt can deliver.

Happy listening! Enjoy the experimenting!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395

anthem wrote: Melodia Para Congas / Jungle and the Saxophone (Enrique Fernandez and the Enriquillo Winds) --
Monko

This is "Kansas County Music"...eat your Heart out...Rick. :kiss:

Hey, anthem

Funny, I can't find this album/song on any of the local radio stations (most of which are Country)... :unsure:

I'm still trying to assimilate music styles I see/hear presented on this thread. Do groups/styles like BeeGees, ABBA, E Street Band... grab anyone's interest??? Or, am I out in left field with some of the stuff I listen to ;)??

Happy listening, all.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Rick...Buddy...Pal

My remark of Melodia Para Congas being "Kansas County Music" was me being a Smart A$$.
I dislike Country music.

The wife asked the same question this morning...what kind of music is Melodia Para Congas?
The best I could come up with was...Cuban Latin Jazz.

I can listen to Abba (good band) and the BeeGees...but not E Street Band. At this point in my life, I'm a Instrumental Jazz Freak.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395

anthem wrote: Rick...Buddy...Pal

My remark of Melodia Para Congas being "Kansas County Music" was me being a Smart A$$.
I dislike Country music.

The wife asked the same question this morning...what kind of music is Melodia Para Congas?

I can listen to Abba (good band) and the BeeGees...but not E Street Band. At this point in my life, I'm a Instrumental Jazz Freak.

Hey, Anthem

I ALWAYS love your sense of humor!!! The humor, for me, is a big part of why I love this forum. I took your comments for what they are, humor. I'm just looking for what folks want to hear/see more about. Keep feeding the instrumental jazz! You keep opening new horizons for me.

I just want to understand what kinds of music, in addition to jazz, might be of interest to folks on this thread.

Happy listening!

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Roman Johnston. info_outline
I am ALLLLLLLL over the map. So post it....even if your like dang....not sure there gonna like it....POST IT!!! :)

I am always looking for stuff that expands my mind and reference standards.

Roman

rjohn79395 wrote:

anthem wrote: Rick...Buddy...Pal

I dislike Country music.

Hey, Anthem

I ALWAYS love your sense of humor!!! The humor, for me, is a big part of why I love this forum. I took your comments for what they are, humor. I'm just looking for what folks want to hear/see more about. Keep feeding the instrumental jazz! You keep opening new horizons for me.

I just want to understand what kinds of music, in addition to jazz, might be of interest to folks on this thread.

Happy listening!

Rick

LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Thanks, Roman!

Good point. I listen to EVERYTHING posted here, and stream anything i want to pursue further. This is my mind/music expanding thread!

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back