file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Not a fan either, but Ground Control to Major Tom, RIP!!!!

On another planet, Diana Krall is coming for a concert in Bangkok. Will I go see/hear her?????
When Bro Anthem starts liking Pink Floyd and stops listening to smooth Jazz. IOW, NO thank you.
I did catch Eric Clapton, Elton John and Carlos Santana there, at different times of course. I will travel a long way
to hear music I really like.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
I'm not a fan of Diana Krall either...she does zero/zip/zilch for me. If she was having a concert in my back yard, I wouldn't even waste my time looking out the window...Joshua Redman, yes.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: left out something info_outline
Well there then, we agree on something, or half agree anyway, will let you have the sax player too.
I am listening to the Beethoven Piano Sonatas played by Artur Pizzaro. Linn Records.
Talk about smooth music!!!
This SACD is REFERENCE: www.linnrecords.com/recording-beethoven-piano-sonatas-sacd.aspx
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Well, I picked up the Ortofon 2M Bronze and have my turntable up and running. I started with Miles Davis, Kind of Blue, and now I'm on to Ella and Louis. It's a 180g vinyl LP and its exceptionally quiet. The vocals are fantastic. 3 degrees outside with the windchill and light snow but it's warm and toasty in the theater and Ella and Louis just make me smile. Isn't This A Lovely Day, indeed!

Cheers,

T Cobe

Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago

Well, I haven't been able to compare the LP to the CD yet, but the LP sounded absolutely AMAZING! The T1's HVFR tweeters were delivering the cymbals with tremendous shimmer and clarity. In fact, I don't recall the CD version of this song sounding so "live". I truly felt as though the musicians were in my room. The bass was also very detailed and displayed some serious bravado. Everything sounded great but the horns were truly on another level. I can say with surety that brass has never sounded sweeter on the T1s! It was still very dynamic but less invasive. Imaging was rock solid and every instrument occupied its own space adding to the three dimensional effect.

The next step will be to go back and play the CD version since I have not listened to it in some time and have made significant upgrades since I listened last. The noise floor was certainly not the inky black background I am accustomed to and there was some occasional noise; however, I am extremely happy with the investment. I anticipate expanding my collection and listening to more music.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hey TCobe

Glad your enjoying your new toy...turntables can be a blast, when I had mine, I really enjoyed it.

I noticed you picked up a copy of Kind of Blue on LP and wanted to compare it with the cd version. If I remember right, you have the same cd copy as me. I replayed my copy tonight, and let's be honest, it's a distortion nightmare. From the opening track the trumpet in the left channel is distorted, levels out as the song proceeds and finishes in a distorted mess. It's the same with each and every track...this cd is a mess. I'm tempted to spring for a high end version from musicdirect.com, hopefully that would solve the problem.www.musicdirect.com/p-231272-miles-davis...ering-import-cd.aspx
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Splash51, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back