heart Power Cords

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Bro Anthem, we will need a detailed report when you have it in your system and some time with it.
Is it going to your Oppo????
Happy Listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Wayne:
Yes the Shunyata Venom Digital will be going on the Oppo.

Here is a list of power cords I'll be using:

Zen Torii mk4 > Decware DHC-1 Military silver/copper
PrimaLuna Premium Preamp > Shunyata Venom 3
Oppo 105 > Shunyata Venom Digital
GE Triton 2's > Shunyata Venom 3

Speaker wires are Military silver/copper
Interconnects: Military silver/copper and Decware DSG Studio.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, anthem

I echo Wayne's request for feedback on how you like the Shunyata Venom Digital power cord, especially how it compares to the Venom 3, of which I now have three installed: one each on the two T2's, and one on the receiver. I'll wait to hear your impressions before making any more decisions on power cords.

For all interested folks, I finally got to test the third Venom 3 on the receiver and the stereo amp (it needed to be plugged in and out numerous times before it had good contact in the receiver socket, though it worked fine on everything else from the start... maybe the receiver socket had a burr or something). In any case, I tried it first on the amp feeding the T1's, and didn't really notice a big change, MAYBE a little cleaner sound. Then I tried it on the receiver that feeds all the speakers, including the T1's through the amp. And yes, there I do hear a cleaner sound. I like it there because it affects all the speakers . I'm just going to listen to these changes for awhile before doing anything else. I'll wait for your impressions of the Venom Digital before thinking about trying one on the T1's, which didn't seem to react to the Venom 3 as the T2's did.

Re speaker cables, I also tried the loaner Kimber 4TC's on the T1's today. Yes, an improvement in clarity, but it didn't blow my socks off enough to justify spending over $500 for cables for just the T1's and the SCXXL. So for $300 less, I ordered ULTRA speaker cables instead from Signal Cable (thanks again, Wayne, for the recommendation). I'm planning on installing them when the Marantz SR 7010 arrives sometime late October and do everything at once.

And then, I'm thinking I'm getting awfully close to being done with projects.... maybe an Emotiva EPA-1L for the SCXXL, maybe cable replacements for the rear speakers. But first, I'm going to just listen to what I've got for awhile, and enjoy adding to my music collection.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hey Rick,
Good report, well done. Obviously you have good ears to go with your revealing system!
I am REALLY looking forward to hearing you report on the Ultra speaker cables, I think you will like them a LOT. They are extremely well made and just because they do not come with a lot of hype, does not mean they won't sound really fine.
I can totally relate to how you seem to have made your cable decision. 95% of the sound for hundreds (or thousands) of dollars less makes total sense to me.
Good luck on finally getting your system where you want it and never having to buy any thing else. We all want to do that, but the desire to upgrade often raises its ugly head after a few years.
But you can do it!!!!
Have fun with it, happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hey Rick,
Good report, well done. Obviously you have good ears to go with your revealing system!
I am REALLY looking forward to hearing you report on the Ultra speaker cables, I think you will like them a LOT. They are extremely well made and just because they do not come with a lot of hype, does not mean they won't sound really fine.
I can totally relate to how you seem to have made your cable decision. 95% of the sound for hundreds (or thousands) of dollars less makes total sense to me.
Good luck on finally getting your system where you want it and never having to buy any thing else. We all want to do that, but the desire to upgrade often raises its ugly head after a few years.
But you can do it!!!!
Have fun with it, happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne

Hi, Wayne

Yup, I agree that never is too long a time to "never buy anything else". But I sure hope to be happy "for awhile". Of course, I thought the SCXL was my last center speaker until the rascals at GEt came out with the SCXXL....

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Tsgt2007. info_outline
Hello Rick,
I used the Audioquest FLX 14/4 DB CL3/FT4 In Wall Speaker Cable for my GE Supersat 50's surround sound speakers. They sound clear and very clean. Not to expensive and nothing fancy. In my opinion it's a very well made cable for surround sound speakers. I hope this helps you out.
Jose
Jose
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back