• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Rick,

My to do lists are long enough after being away from home for one week. I can't even begin to imagine how much there would be to do after being gone an entire Summer! I appreciate you humoring us with such a quick and thorough responses.

It's really good to hear that you're enjoying your system again. I usually miss my setup after a few days... Reading your posts has me excited for future upgrades. The SCXXL is definitely on the list but I'm still undecided about the surrounds. Since my Integra receiver is dropping the picture more and more frequently, my next investment will be a surround sound processor. The Wife and I are going to Italy in a few weeks, so that is going to delay any upgrades for a bit. Maybe Santa will bring me a Marantz 7702 mkII... :whistle:

Thanks again for taking the time to share you experiences with us despite everything you must have to do after returning from your Summer vacation. I look forward to hearing more. Happy tweaking and listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe

Have a great trip to Italy!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Yes, Rick, we retired dudes can indeed get busy too!!!
Great mini reports so far though!!!
Thanks for the kind words everybody!!!!
T. Cobe, where you going in Italy, IF I may ask?
Are you and the Pope on some sort of student exchange deal, he comes over here, you go over there? These are indeed exciting times!!!!
I see where the Pope has eschewed lunch with the House of Rep leaders and instead will go join the homeless. Guess he has his standards after all, wants to eat with good people and be able to have a decent conversation.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
As to music collections, once a person gets their system up to a certain level of enjoyment (I love mine! Yes, it could be better, and NO I cannot afford to make it better) then I think we have to concentrate on music and movies to play on/through it, because the music and movies are what is ultimately all about!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Wayne,

We will be staying in Venice, Florence, Rome, and Sorrento. Since this is our first trip to Italy and there is so much to see with limited time, we are doing a tour. We were on our own on our last trip to Europe and had a great time, but getting from city to city and seeing all the sites without a guide seems a bit of a fools errand in Italy with only 10 days.

We will be visiting the Vatican City but I do not know the Pope; however, I admire his leadership. His decision for lunch company speaks volumes and I have to agree with his choice. It certainly sends a powerful message about real conservative values...

Spot on with the music and movies. I'm collecting slowly as I go but should be able to divert most of my discretionary spending (allowance) to media once I've got all my equipment in place. Luckily we'll be spending out joint savings on the room finishes once everything is in place. Our joint savings for household projects is much more solvent than my allowance... :laugh: While I'm enjoying the process, I look forward to having it done. Now, if I can just get Rick to stop spending my money... :laugh: I'm sold on the SCXXL but have been torn on the surrounds. He keeps bringing me back to the T2s! Thanks for the glowing reviews, Rick!

Well, first day of five in a row off and I'm being called in to work to take care of an urgent matter. If I'm lucky, I can be in and out in time for lunch with my Wife and Sicario at the local Cineplex by myself. If it's as good as I'm hoping, I'll share a review later this weekend.

Cheers,

Toby
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hi Rick, I am glad your hearing the same clarity and sound stage improvements I am hearing after upgrading to the SCXXL. I did make the statement its like having a T1 W/O the subs as a center. It blends in very well with the T1's. I am driving mine with a XPA-1L and it sounds fantastic!!

I am very skeptical on the power cable thing, so thanks for the reports on your experience! I can believe what you say as opposed to marketing fodder from the manufacturers ;)

Enjoy,
DT

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thanks T.
Yeah, Rick can spend your money in a hurry. But I really think he is onto something there!!!!
Rick, I am glad you are finding the joy of surround sound as I have!!!! You have a REALLY great system going there!!!!
T. that sounds like a fun trip to Italy. I am sure you will enjoy the heck out of it.
And glad you are being financially responsible, saving up and paying as you go.
It is great hanging with you guys!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks T.
Yeah, Rick can spend your money in a hurry. But I really think he is onto something there!!!!
Rick, I am glad you are finding the joy of surround sound as I have!!!! You have a REALLY great system going there!!!!
T. that sounds like a fun trip to Italy. I am sure you will enjoy the heck out of it.
And glad you are being financially responsible, saving up and paying as you go.
It is great hanging with you guys!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

Hi, Wayne

Thanks! I agree, this a is a great bunch of forum members. It's fun, and we can share advice, laughs and a good time.

T Cobe, please forgive the ribbing I give you about T2's as surrounds. I know that whatever choice you make re surrounds will be well considered, and will work just great for how you want to build your system!

Happy travelling!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back