heart Power Cords

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Thanks for all you guys explanations, pics and specs.
I HATE cable arguments that always appear on other forums. Some people think it is their goal in life to "enlighten" us stupid people who think cables make a difference. It is like a religion with them.
I am So thankful we don't have those arguments here, IF someone doesn't think cables matter, then they might be helped by reading some of these pages. BUT probably not.
Funny thing is, I have always liked science, it never got in my way!!! ha ha
And science says silver is a better conductor than copper, way better than gold (there is gold plated everything in audio land), even when the silver gets oxidized it is a great conductor.
www.metaldetectingworld.com/conductive_order_metals.shtml
I have always liked silver interconnects and speaker cables, have used them for years. And I HATE bright, shrill sounds. I DO NOT like using cables as a way to EQ my system, but there have been times.......
All that said, to agree, I think these silver wires our friends are talking about have good scientific basis and look (may be exactly the same wire, ?ha ha) as what I have been buying from signal cables and others.
I hope all this helps and if anybody doesn't agree, then that is fine too.
I am so very glad we can discuss things like this in civil terms with mutual respect.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Tsgt2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Dilettante,

I think you and Anthem have done a great job explaining your findings. Like Wayne, I appreciate the constructive discussion and don't find it to be noise. I think the V3s and the cables/wire you've discussed are all worth a try to see if I can hear a difference. I'm definitely not opposed spending hundreds of dollars on cables. I feel like we are on the same page.

My objection is when we start discussing $5000 power cords or $30,000 speaker wires. I believe spending a reasonable amount of money is worth the investment but anyone that spends $30,000 on a set of speaker wires is fooling themselves. More is not always better and once we start talking about cryogenically treating wires and infusing them with gases..., well, that's where you lose me. I don't believe anyone in this discussion is supporting the cost is no object cables. I would say in the astronomical price range that cost is THE object and it becomes a matter of bragging rights.

Thank you again for your descriptions and sharing your knowledge with us. I look forward to making some cables with this wire. I'm interested in hearing how silver sounds.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Tsgt2007. info_outline
I have been reading the postings and I have say that you guys are really good and smart people.. I always find this particular topic very interesting. I have to say I broke down and bought the audioquest NRG 2's power cables for the T-3 and for me they sound better. The bass is nice and tight...
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 1 month ago

Tsgt2007 wrote: I have been reading the postings and I have say that you guys are really good and smart people.. I always find this particular topic very interesting. I have to say I broke down and bought the audioquest NRG 4 power cables for the T-3 and for me they sound better. The bass is nice and tight...

Hi, Tsgt2007

Good for you for taking the plunge! I'm looking forward to trying some experiments also. As so many have said, it's the sum of all the little things that add up to audio bliss. We're all so lucky we're starting with GEt speakers that reward our efforts!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, Tsgt2007

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Steveo. info_outline
Still on topic I guess with power cord have you guys heard of this product? The Nordost Qv2 line harmoniser? My dealer swears by them.

Check this out.

www.nordost.com/qrt/qv2-ac-line-harmonizer.php

www.6moons.com/audioreviews/nordost/2.html

www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topi...y-improvement-in-sq/

Apparently they clean up the dirty power and give a more black background to the sound. Apparently it even helps make a TV picture better as well.

It would be interesting to hear opinions on this. My dealer has offered me to trial these at home but I am not game cause if I like them its more money to be spent. Lol.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 9 years 1 month ago
I must admit I am exploring cables more now since I heard such a big improvement on my old speaker cables. It's made me a believer.

Not sure if I should replace the rca cables running from my xpa5 to my Yamaha. Or if I should look at power cables instead.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back