WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Bro Anthem,
I am a simple man with simple needs!!!!
But thanks to think of me.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

Splash51 wrote: Hi Rick, I am glad your hearing the same clarity and sound stage improvements I am hearing after upgrading to the SCXXL. I did make the statement its like having a T1 W/O the subs as a center. It blends in very well with the T1's. I am driving mine with a XPA-1L and it sounds fantastic!!

I am very skeptical on the power cable thing, so thanks for the reports on your experience! I can believe what you say as opposed to marketing fodder from the manufacturers ;)

Enjoy,
DT

Hi, Splash51

Thanks! i knew I saw that quote somewhere. I'll bet that XPA-1L really makes that SCXXL sing!

RE the power cables: I'm still trying to test the third cable on the receiver and amp. Connection issues on the receiver. Stay tuned.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
The XPA-1L made my SCXL sound like a whole new speaker. It was an amazing difference. I have to imagine that that the SCXXL and the XPA-1L are a fantastic combination. That combo is my ultimate goal for my center channel duties. The XPA-100 would probably be sufficient as well as a differential design is probably not needed. DT, you've got a great set up! Rick, we're standing by.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: The XPA-1L made my SCXL sound like a whole new speaker. It was an amazing difference. I have to imagine that that the SCXXL and the XPA-1L are a fantastic combination. That combo is my ultimate goal for my center channel duties. The XPA-100 would probably be sufficient as well as a differential design is probably not needed. DT, you've got a great set up! Rick, we're standing by.

Cheers,

T Cobe

T Cobe,

Isn't this fun helping each other spend more money? I keep reminding you how great T2's are as surrounds, and you and DT are doing a great job convincing me that the SCXXL deserves a XPA-1L!

I'm about convinced that item has to be in my system also, 'tho it's hard to imagine how the SCXXL could sound any better. However I do know that every time I say "how can the system possibly sound any better than this?", I add something and lo and behold, it does.

I was at my favorite audio store today, Audio Systems in Austin, discussing when the Marantz SR 7010 will be available (they've ordered one for me, due about mid October), and why the Venom 3 power cord was having trouble making a connection to my receiver (it worked fine on their NAD receiver), and while there, they lent me some Kimber 4TC speaker cables for me to try out. So my projects for tomorrow are to try the Venom 3 again on my receiver and the stereo amp, and try the Kimber cables on the T1's. Hopefully I'll have some news by Sunday on both.

I sure hope I'm getting closer to finishing system upgrades. I sure would love to get more serious about adding to my music/DVD collection. Yes, Wayne and anthem, I'm jealous.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Rick,

Since we're spending each other's money and you are up in Kimber territory, may I suggest trying some Nordost cables? I tried a few models of AudioQuest RCAs and could not hear a noticeable difference. When we switched in the Nordost Purple Flares, I most certainly heard a difference. I have not heard Kimbers, but they are supposed to be good.

Once I have my equipment in place, I'll upgrade the cables in the 2-channel portion of my system. My stereo equipment will all be in close proximity, so my cable lengths will be short. 4 three foot XLRs and a pair of 6 foot speaker cables should be all I need unless you convince me to try some power cables as well. :laugh:

Good luck with your demos. As Anthem recently stated, each of us hears things differently. It's all about finding what is best for you.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Rick:

I've been emailing Daniel at Dedicated Audio in Scottsdale, AZ about the Shunyata Venom Digital power cord. Here is briefly what he had to say:The Shunyata Venom Digital seems to add a greater dynamics to the music. It does this by filtration. DACs back feed a large amount of noise back into the AC line, which in turn is reproduced by the downstream electronics. By filtering out this harmful frequency, the background noise is reduced, thus increasing the dynamic range. It other words, the black is blacker.

Sounds good to me...I ordered one. :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back