heart Power Cords

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Zip codes...T Cobe, awhile back you said you were 10 lbs. in the red. Ten days of rich, scrumptious, Italian food...you'll probably be sporting your own zip code. You may need extra cash for taking up two seats on the way home. Any gym, cardio, on the agenda? All kidding aside. When you leaving? I don't remember, do you have kids? If so, are they going? I pray you and the wife will have a safe and wonderful time.

Bring back some pictures and post them...would be very interesting.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Anthem,

I'm back to my fighting weight. 6'2" and 215 pounds. After years of athletics, dropping 5 to 10 pounds is familiar territory. Let's just say that the treadmill and I have been spending a lot of time together. Thankfully, it's in the back of my theater. I do plan to lose another 5 pounds for the trip to have room for a little expansion. Mostly cardio right now, but I'll get back to the rack this Winter.

It will just be me and the Wife. This will be our 13th Wedding Anniversary celebration. We try to go on an overseas trip every other year but that isn't always doable. We've been waiting to do Italy for a few years. We were going to go last year but bought a new home instead...

I'll definitely be taking pictures. I'll try to post a few when I get back.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot info_outline
Good discussion here on a trip where I am sure a few of us are a little jealous.
T. Cobe, I would never go on a tour, but the good news is, we will not have to tell you to see this, see that, do this, eat there, etc.
You will certainly see the wonderful art and statues in Firenze (Florence), one of my VERY favorite cities. I hope you get to see the catacombs in Rome, they were more impressive (made a deeper impression on me) than the Vatican. The place where the early Christians had to hide among the dead to worship and not get caught and thrown to the lions.
You are going places I have never been too. I love Italy, it is my favorite place in all Europe.
They have some awesome audiophiles there, but none of their stuff is in my price range.
If you are going in the winter, pack some warm clothes. I spent one Christmas in Assisi (as in St. Francis of Assisi) and it was COLD!!!!
Anyway, enjoy and yes, pics please!!!!

God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Wayne,

You sound like quite the oficianado on Italy. Thanks for the info. We're pretty excited. This has been on our list for some time. Tours can be both good and bad. We made sure we selected a tour that gave us two days in each city so that we would have a little more time to explore and do things on our own. I've always found that the most memorable parts of any vacation are those that were unplanned and spontaneous.

Italy could be expensive. There is some nice audiophile gear manufactured there but they have a lot of other tempting goods. My Wife is into fashion and loves her handbags. My guess is that she will come home with a few extra. As a cyclist, I have always loved Italian bikes. It will probably take some restraint to avoid sending one home. If cost were no object, it would be a Ferrari, not a bike! :evil:

As far as cold goes, I don't think it will be any worse than home. Wisconsin is quite chilly in the Winter. I think we'd have to get up into the Alps to match the temps back home. :laugh: I prefer traveling places in the off season when, ironically, there are less tourists.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Good one T.
Ferrari, ha ha
My wife would be right in there with your wife, several handbags, purses.
I would settle for some fine Italian cheese.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Cheese...is that the best you can do, Wayne. How about some beautiful Italian leather furniture...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back