heart Power Cords

• fred1942's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 57
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fred1942 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
So, I have entered the group of the insane for sonic perfection. You guys!!!
I just ordered the Audience Forte F3 for my Oppo, Marantz 8802, and two Sunfire amps from Dedicated Audio. Not much I can do for the long runs of Belden 12 GA speaker wires. They are my weak link. Hope they can pass the cleaner voltage. I am skeptical and hoping you guys prove me wrong.

Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Good choice, Fred!!!!

The Audience Forte F3 is an excellent cord and attractively priced.

Give them some break in time and they’ll get even better.

Let us know what they do for your system after they’ve settled in a bit.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Will do Rick. After reading eighty some posts on this subject, I was somewhat convinced that you guys are hearing a difference.
Let me introduce myself. I am 77 and retired. I spent 30 years in the Air Force as a fighter pilot in F-105’s, F-4’s and F-15’s. Wayne, I lived in Thailand for a year, stationed at Takhli flying the F-105 dropping bombs on Hanoi and Laos. A couple of years ago I took my family to Bangkok and Chang Mei. Bangkok had changed a lot but Chang Mei was about the same. Love Thailand and love the people.
Got into the audio stuff several years ago. About four years ago my wife suggested we add a game room to our house. I suggested we also add a theater and surprisingly she agreed. Long story short, I now have my theater with all GE speakers.
Love the hobby. Never realized how much wires could cost. Ten grand for a power plant? I don’t think I will go that crazy. My hearing from flying noisy jets is not the best. Perhaps someone should invent adjustable hearing aids that will replace all the needs for expensive wires.
Great to meet all you guys and looking forward to having some fun together with our toys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Hi Fred, and welcome!

Yeah, I'm one of those crazy guys who spent the ten grand on a powerplant...and heard a significant difference!

As for hearing, I'm 70 with significant hearing impairment, yet I can listen to music just fine and discriminate between components. I didn't believe ANY of the "hype" about power cables and such until I bit the bullet and started experimenting. Sure enough there are improvements to be made there. I had the same experience with interconnects and speaker cables.

So welcome to the crazy club, where you can look forward to significant negative cash flow in the future! It surely is great fun.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Hi Charlie. Thanks for the welcome. You are right about the negative cash flow. I have dropped thousands on my theater.
I am not sure what sonic perfection is but I’m sure I will hear it when I die and go to heaven. As for now I am hooked on tweeting my system. I ordered some Audience Forte F3 PC’s. Don’t know what to expect but looking forward to the result.
Wow, you have the Rolls Royce of power plants. When I get some extra cash I will probably do the same. My wife bought the Rolls Royce of washer and dryers and couldn’t get the monstrosity in the house. Had to tear a door and frame out. But boy, can it wash and dry. So, she cannot complain about me spending money on the theater.
See you around,
Fred
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Yup, the crazy club. :laugh:

At least none of us on the forum have sprung for the top of the line Nordost Odin 2 power cord, priced at a mere $17,000 per... yet...:woohoo:

Still convinced that power cords can help maximize our systems and gear, and represent a good SQ investment.
And still jealous of Charlie's P20 and the perfect power it feeds his system so the downstream power cords have an easier clean up duty. I monitor electrical noise and voltage fluctuations coming into the house, and have 5 noise harvesters, a Furman power conditioner and a couple Shunyata Defenders trying to clean things up, but it's not a perfectly clean power source. How much does that degrade what my system can do? Don't know. But, yes, Charlie I'm still jealous and still thinkin'.

Happy listening all and hold onto your wallets!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back