heart Power Cords

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Fred, let us know what differences you hear as you go along.
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fred1942's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 57
fred1942 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Will do. I have the Eagles Farewell Tour blue ray. Will need to spend some time memorizing the sound of a few songs with my system as it is now. Will post my findings in about a week.

Fred

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 1 month ago

fred1942 wrote: Will do. I have the Eagles Farewell Tour blue ray. Will need to spend some time memorizing the sound of a few songs with my system as it is now. Will post my findings in about a week.

Fred

Good choice, Fred!!!

That Eagles Blu-ray is well recorded and has some amazing bass, one of my all time favorites... check out Don Henley's drum riffs in Hotel California, your new system should just rip that!

And I totally agree with Charlie. A step at a time. Each power feed source, listening room is different. Yes, I believe the P20 Charlie has is the ultimate fix for ANY incoming power issues, but good power cords are a piece of the solution in all cases, and noise harvesters make a start toward cleaning up incoming line noise. The P20 has the best, low impedance power I've ever seen, so you and I can ponder what it would do for our systems, but this whole process of searching for audio nirvana does, and should, take awhile, and steps along the way.

So glad you're a part of our discussions, and maybe you and I can compare notes along the way about how close we are to trying out a P20. :)

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Hi Rick, I agree the Eagles concert sounds great. Got the power cords today as well as some speaker wire to fix the splices from moving speakers around. I use Belden 12 gauge CL2 . I think I can hook it to the old wire and pull it through the ceiling without having to crawl in my attic.
I agree that taking baby steps in this process is the best way to go with a lot of research. A bad or untested product could make things worse.
Read several articles today about sine waves and impedance, plus Charlie helped me a lot with his response. I am thinking he has the best solution with his P20. My wife can do a lot of things with 10 grand where I have absolutely no interest and she probably has the same level of interest in a power plant. Maybe I could justify it if I could sell clean power to my neighbor via a very long extension cord.
In case you and I go really crazy over the P20, there are some deals listed on Hifi Shark. Because of its size I couldn’t even sneak it into the house. Wonder how much it weighs.
My Harvesters arrive Thursday, then I will have all the parts to begin the fun.

Fred
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 5 years 1 month ago

fred1942 wrote: In case you and I go really crazy over the P20, there are some deals listed on Hifi Shark. Because of its size I couldn’t even sneak it into the house. Wonder how much it weighs.

Fred

The P20 weighs about 100 pounds. Hope you have a strong back. Besides making great power, it acts as a magnificent boat anchor at the bottom of my equipment cabinet. Nothing will tip it over, ever.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

So, I got my Audience Forte power cords installed.
Let me back up. Yesterday I decided to run a new speaker wire for my center channel which was spliced. Long story why it was spliced. Had to run about a forty foot length across the ceiling in my attic. I attached the new wire to old and tried to pull it through a large pvc tube attached to my wall that hides all the wires. It got snagged. I had to dismantle all my gear to get to the wires. Three hour job. Fixed the snag and pulled again, wire came apart halfway through the ceiling. My dear sweet wife volunteered to climb around in my attic to pull the new wire through. Not an easy for her with all the rafters and insulation. She got it done around bedtime.
This morning I hooked up the center speaker and began the complicated task of reassembling all my gear. Put on the new PC’s and connected them to my Furman UPS which was plugged in to a new Furman power strip that is supposed to supply some filtering. Power strip was connected to my dedicated 20 amp circuit. Powered everything up and plugged 4 of the Noise Harvesters into the power strip. They were blinking like crazy. Plugged a Noise Harvester into the back of my Furman UPS and it also constantly blinked. Dirty power?
I also got a handy device called a Greenwave Noise meter. Plug it into a circuit and it will give a visual and audible indication of noise. In a regular house circuit it shows about 1400. On my power strip with the Noise Harvesters it shows about 120. So I made some progress in filtering Noise.
Now listening to the Eagles. Change in the overall clarity of the sound is perceptible. I’m happy with the result. Greenwave also sells Noise filters for $30 each vs $75 for the PS Audio Noise Harvesters. I may try one.

Fred

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back