heart Power Cords

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 5 years 11 months ago
Yes, indeed, Anthem. I think we're all going to need therapy soon.

And a whole lot more money.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
Yup, it is indeed a great hobby, Anthem, and full of (mostly pleasant) surprises! Glad you're enjoying your new TOOBS!!!

And yes, as Charlie says, we may all need therapy soon (and a checkbook infusion)! :lol:

Who woulda' thought that innocently trying a power cord, or any of a myriad of other things, would produce such upgrades. Well, we can blame Sandy; those goshdarn GEt speakers just keep rewarding all those little (but sometimes expensive) experiments...:)

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, charliehatch

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 11 months ago
Yes, Anthem, enjoy your tube rolling!!!!
And Rick, I think you are right and it is a significant point you are making, that the Tritons are revealing enough, sensitive enough, transparent enough, honest enough to let you guys enjoy any little tweaks you have made, even though they may be expensive, or not (Art and his bolts). System improvements and upgrades are rewarded with audible changes, and hopefully ones for the better.

Happy listening, enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: mo info_outline
Soooooo, that time when you have an audio GURU and Power Cord Whisperer coming all the way over from Texas to check out yer system and will obviously see what you are doing right and wrong......
And yer right ear is building up too much wax, so you try and clean it out and that just makes it stop up completely, you can't get it to open day after day and it is driving you crazy.......
And you are trying to get the landscaping finished outside, the house repairs from the rainy season fixed and finished and it is taking forever........
And you NEED to get all the excess CDs laying around into storage, and you have been promising yerself to get rid of a LOT of old DVDs and BR movies that you will never watch again, so you decide this is the perfect time to CLEAN and DUST the whole home theater and rearrange all the discs.........
And you did not get rid or nor clear out nearly enough discs the home theater is still bulging full of them........
And while yer at it, vacuum EVERYTHING in the whole home theater, the places you can't even get to, but you know the PC Whisperer will see and be grossed out by the dust and cobwebs........
And you finally get that done and turn on the system to find that not much of anything works any more, most power cords you do have have become loose or disconnected so even if they work for 10 mins they stop working soon after.........
AND you FINALLY think everything is working again, and you are ready to at least listen with yer one good ear........
And then a storm comes and knocks the power plum OUT!!!!!
Sitting in the dark, waiting, nothing works, thank God you got a shower before this because even that will not work now, nothing
just the wife and I sitting together in the quiet, rather warm house, rain, thunder and lightening outside, one window is letting the rain leak in..........
The wife seems like a nice person.

God bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Ha! That's a GREAT post, Wayne!!!!! You could write a humor column. :) Sorry about the power outage and the plugged up ear, though!

I don't know about that guru, whisperer guy (maybe he'll show up too?), but I'll be getting on a plane this Friday to head to Thailand, Audience Forte F3 PC in luggage. We can both hear for ourselves what PC's and 220v currents do for each other.The Nordost Heimdall should be here Tuesday, so I'll get a little listening done with that before leaving.

I'm planning on learning a LOT from you, really want to meet your family, see your part of the world, and hear what your great gear does to enhance your equally great speaker set-up. And hear what Dirac room correction on your Emo does, listen to tube hybrid amps go to work, etc.etc. etc.

Gee, now you've got me thinking, when that audio GURU from Thailand finally does his next visit to TX and family here, and pays us a visit, I'd better get the vacuum cleaner out, and what am I going to do with that less than organized pile of Blu-rays... :laugh:

Really looking forward to seeing you!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Rick, obviously I am really looking forward to seeing you too, you getting on over here soon!!!!
We got a LOT to listen to, look at, talk about and places to go, spicy food to eat, etc.

I searched the PC you mentioned and came up with this, but it is way cheaper than I thought you guys were talking about.
Is this right?
www.thecableco.com/new-audience-forte-f3...b-stock-special.html

God Bless and Giddyup,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back