file Anthem AVM 60

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
imahawki Posted 8 years 6 months ago
I'm still developing sonic impressions. I don't find posting that everything is awesome and sounds wonderful 5 minutes after I've installed a new piece of gear to be very valid. I posted one beef in my original post and Moderator told me I didn't understand how it works. I just responded to that statement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Yikes, sorry. Not what I meant, I meant you were perhaps unfamiliar with its shared input functionality that opens the door for the one button change you asked about. Sorry again for giving you that impression.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 6 months ago
No worries... I think sometimes I read into comments what isn't there. So IS there a way to do a one-button switch? That's all I'm looking for, a quick way to change from processing on to processing off... or even, subs on to subs off.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Imahawki,

Well, I think first impressions can tell you a lot. I've auditioned a lot of audio gear and have eliminated many potential options within a few minutes of listening. In fact, I think most of the industry's sales and marketing are based on first impressions. Just as "bad news doesn't get better with time", poor sounding gear seldom gets better with time. Either you like the sound or you don't and a two day in home audition would be considered lengthy by most...

Over on another forum, people are practically begging for product testimonials and product owners are quibbling over small details and completely glazing over the important things. For instance, is the reason you want easy access to a pure direct mode because you don't like what ARC is doing to your music? I feel like you took home a brand new BMW and you're focusing on the color of the interior.

Unless you develop and build a product from scratch, specifically for you, there are always going to be things you don't like. Focusing on those small details seems trivial and you posted on it twice prior to Moderator Dude offering a solution in contacting Anthem to find a way to accomplish what you're looking to do. In the big scheme of things, a single button to go into pure direct mode seems a bit trivial, unless you don't like the sound of music with ARC applied. To me, that's the "so what?"

I think you have a good ear and attention to detail. I look forward to your overall impressions of the AVM 60. Hopefully you can find a way to resolve being able to automatically switch to direct mode. I set my Oppo up yesterday to play as a CD player using RCA connections to one of the analog inputs. On the input, which I labeled as CD, I set it up to play in a direct mode. Simply switching to that input allows me to accomplish what you're looking to do. Maybe you could do the same with an Analog or digital input? It would still be a few button pushes but it would certainly be a bit quicker.

Respectfully,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Imahawki,

Alright, I'm playing around with the AVM 60 this morning. I think I found what you're looking for. If you press the mode button during playback and then arrow up and down, you can scroll through the different playback modes. It let me switch between several modes including "none", which appears to be their version of pure direct mode. There are other modes that also seem to engage the subs. This worked for music. While playing Spectre, it only allowed me to switch between Dolby Surround and DTS-HD. I hope this is helpful.

With my Integra, switching to this mode seemed to make a significant improvement. I'm not sure I hear a difference, certainly not a big one, with the Anthem. I wonder if that means the room correction is better or if there is more to it.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 6 months ago

imahawki wrote: No worries... I think sometimes I read into comments what isn't there. So IS there a way to do a one-button switch? That's all I'm looking for, a quick way to change from processing on to processing off... or even, subs on to subs off.

We all do, that's the problem (one of them) with email.

Anyway, yes, but this is probably outside my GET forum moderator realm. If you'd like to PM me your phone number I would be happy to call you and go through it with you. Alternatively, if there's somebody at the dealer that is an expert I'm sure they could assist, or if there's still somebody at Anthem that knows their stuff I'm sure their CS line could help as well.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back