file Anthem AVM 60

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
imahawki Posted 8 years 7 months ago
I'm going to go see this if I can at my dealer and probably place an order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 7 months ago
I would definitely recommend an audition. The SQ is great! I also like the backside, Anthem. Others, including professional reviewers, may not like the omission of legacy inputs but I like it. It cuts cost, removes the clutter, and provides a bit more space for the connections you are most likely to use. It also makes finding the correct Connection easier for those of us who no longer have perfect near vision. :whistle:

I'll be watching Spectre tomorrow, fingers crossed, and will try to share some more impressions. I'm still waiting for a professional review but am confident it won't matter to me too much either way as I'm perfectly happy with the decision. I emailed customer support the other morning trying to get ARC to run and was contacted back within an hour. That's a good sign! I bet if I called the company, the owner/founder wouldn't talk to me like Mr. Gross has been known to do, but they were certainly prompt. That's another plus in my mind.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry, one more follow up that has occurred to me based on recent discussions on two channel systems and the 8802A from Marantz. In my mind, the biggest reason someone may choose the 8802 is for the two channel capabilities. I think this is in folly as a good two channel pre-amp with home theater bypass could last multiple generations longer than a surround processor.

Spending an extra $1000 now on the Marantz for stereo reproduction capabilities will have to be spent again on the next upgrade. Additionally, a dedicated pre-amp or even a quality integrated amp would likely sound better and last longer. All in one solutions tend to make more compromises, IMO. These are all just my opinions but I think they are sound. I'm sure there are those that would prefer the simplicity of the 8802A as a single solution, along with the space savings. Again, there's certainly no wrong way.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• howsbayou's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
howsbayou Posted 8 years 7 months ago
I found your anthem ARC info regarding max frequency setting to 500 hz very helpful. I have the Anthem 710 receiver and running latest ARC software. My Speakers are Triton 1 L/R, Supercenter XXL, and Supersat 60 surrounds. I am using LFE, as my Anthem 710 is the model which does "protects" itself by shutting down at certain low frequencies.
ARC sets my Triton ones to 80 hz (I understand I need to change that to Flat), and am using sub Xover setting of 120 or 160 to make sure T1 is driving subwoofer frequencies. Is my understanding of this correct?
ARC also sets Supersat 60's to 130, which seems high to me. Should I change this to something else? (THX recommendation of 80?) I understand center recommendations for Xover are 60-80 hz. ARC chooses 80. Is there now a recommendation for optimal setting for this as well?
Love the GoldenEars, and want them to be all they can be.
Mains T1's
Center XXLSupercenter
Surrounds Supersat 60's
AVR Anthem 710
Amps Outlaw Audio Monoblock (3)
Panasonic P65ZT Plasma
Pioneer Kuro Elite 60
Media Oppo 103, Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV (2nd gen)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks, Howsbayou! I can't wait to try out the 500 Hz recommendation. Great questions. I've also found that ARC wanted to set my crossover points higher than I am used to. I believe it wanted to set my T1 crossover very high due to my cancellation issues. That's one of the benefits I've found withARC, seeing you issues and addressing them physically. I'll be watching to see what Moderator Dude has to say.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great setup. Thanks for sharing your experience. Please let us know how things work out as you make further adjustments. Happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 7 months ago
This is one of the primary reasons the Anthem gear went to the top of my list (the frequency cut off option) and one of the reason Moderator was arguing ARC is on par with DIRAC. This isn't an option on the MCACC, YPOA, Audyssey, etc. systems and to me is a huge advantage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back