file Anthem AVM 60

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
imahawki Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Currently my source for music and movies is the same device which only has one output. Seems like an oversight not to have a single button toggle on a $3000 device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Imahawki,

Enough on the quibbles, how do you like the sound? What are some of the things you do like? What's your overall impression?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 6 months ago

imahawki wrote: Currently my source for music and movies is the same device which only has one output. Seems like an oversight not to have a single button toggle on a $3000 device.

I don't think you understand the available functionality you have there. One source, with one output, can be setup in four different configurations (Audio Configuration 1 / ARC on; Audio Configuration 1 / ARC off; Audio Configuration 2 / ARC on; Audio Configuration 2 / ARC off;) on four of the available assignable input selections. If you don't get it, contact Anthem tech support and have them explain it to you so you can have all the fun you paid for....
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree, there a lot of options for setup/configuration that will automatically play the source the way you prefer it. I don't normally switch back and forth between room correction on and off. For me, it either sounds better or it doesn't. I think some more time with the setup options should yield you the results you're looking for. There is a mode button on the remote. I'm not sure if this will let you switch on the fly.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by imahawki. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

imahawki wrote: Currently my source for music and movies is the same device which only has one output. Seems like an oversight not to have a single button toggle on a $3000 device.

I don't think you understand the available functionality you have there. One source, with one output, can be setup in four different configurations (Audio Configuration 1 / ARC on; Audio Configuration 1 / ARC off; Audio Configuration 2 / ARC on; Audio Configuration 2 / ARC off;) on four of the available assignable input selections. If you don't get it, contact Anthem tech support and have them explain it to you so you can have all the fun you paid for....

I'm pretty sure I understand the setup options. I can setup multiple speaker profiles with all kinds of variations. Basically each speaker profile can have different levels for each speaker including off, different crossover settings, etc. My issue is with how many menus I have to dive through to change it. If I'm watching a movie on my Apple TV and I want to listen to music in a "pure mode", e.g. no room correction, no subs... I have to:

1) Hit setup,
2) Go down to Input Setup
3) Scroll to the right input
4) Hit enter
5) Scroll down to Speaker Profile
6) Hit enter
7) Change it from the one I use for HT that has 7 channels plus sub to the one I set up for stereo with the subs off
8) Hit enter
9) Hit setup to exit the menu

As opposed to hitting one "pure/direct" button on the remote.

If there's a faster way to switch speaker profiles, let me know. If there's a faster way to go from subs and processing (ARC) on to off, let me know.

Obviously if I had more than one source this would be easy, I'd just setup the music source to use one Speaker Profile and the movie source to use another. I get how the defaults work by input.

T Cobe, to your point, I agree somewhat, but if, for example I have the bass a little hot for home theater, then I have to switch speaker profiles to get a neutral output for music. Again, unless I'm missing an easier way... I'm not so much opposed to having ARC on when listening to music, what I want is to switch between running the Tritons as full range + sub for movies to full range only for music.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Imahawki,

So, will you be returning the Anthem and switching back to your Onkyo? We still haven't heard your listening impressions. :whistle: I'm guessing that your focus on this issue means your not impressed by the sound quality of the AVM 60?

Cheers,

T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back