file Anthem AVM 60

• Melvin Boule's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 20
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Melvin Boule Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Can you setup a second input for Apple TV music and set it up for 2 channel speaker configuration?
Basement:
-Anthem AVM 60, Anthem P2 and Emotiva MPS-1
-5.1.4 GE Triton 1's, SuperCenter XXL, Invisia MPX, Polk LSi In-ceiling for Atmos/DTS-X, JTR Captivator S1
-Oppo UDP-203, Xbox One, PS4 and PC, -Sony VWVPL600ES, Vizio M65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Anthem has very good tech support, give them a call.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline

Melvin Boule wrote: Anyone have issues with the ARC software not finding the AVM 60 on the network? I ran ARC a month ago and just recently added some Invisia MPX's for surrounds and my in-ceiling speakers became Atmos speakers. I also removed my 2 SB13-Ultra's and added at JTR Captivator S1. So with all those changes, I need to run ARC to get things sounding better again. When I try to run ARC, it can't find the AVM 60.

I have my AVM 60 wired to the network along with my PC. I also have a laptop that connects wirelessly. I tried to run ARC on both computers and it keeps saying there is no device on the network. If I go to the network settings the AVM60 and mic are both listed. I am totally stumped. I was hoping to get this all calibrated for movie night, but I think that is going to put on hold. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Melvin,

Can you connect both of them to the same wireless network? I had issues going hard wire so I went back to wireless. I'll have occasional issues seeing it and connecting but I am using a very old laptop that is very slow. When they are both on the same wireless network, I don't have issues finding the AVM.

Regarding the Apple TV, you should be able to do that by hooking it up to an input and selecting all the settings you want. I have my Oppo set up for 2-channel by using RCA analog inputs for audio and an HDMI input for picture. It may take a little trial and error, but there is a lot of flexibility in setup options. Have you downloaded the user manual yet. It helps a little but I'll admit that the manual is pretty thin.

Good luck getting things setup. Check back if you hear something from Anthem.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melvin Boule

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
You can also just change the playback mode during music. You can go into input setup then into your Apple TV settings and adjust the Mode Preset For Stereo Source. If you set this to none, it will not process stereo music and it will play in stereo. If you're looking for more, can you provide a little more info on your goal and connections?
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melvin Boule

• Melvin Boule's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 20
Melvin Boule Posted 8 years 5 months ago
So, ARC issue solved. I was scanning the AVS forum and there was a new post on the AVM60 thread describing my problem to a T. Turns out there can be a disconnect between IP addresses for the AVM 60 that can be solved by doing a hard reset. Apparently the AVM60 can have 2 IP addresses and if they are not synced, ARC won't recognize the AVM60 even if it shows up on the network. Kind of above my head but all I know is everything works now. Now if the DTS:X upgrade could only get here....
Basement:
-Anthem AVM 60, Anthem P2 and Emotiva MPS-1
-5.1.4 GE Triton 1's, SuperCenter XXL, Invisia MPX, Polk LSi In-ceiling for Atmos/DTS-X, JTR Captivator S1
-Oppo UDP-203, Xbox One, PS4 and PC, -Sony VWVPL600ES, Vizio M65
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Melvin,

Yeah, a lot of the issues with the AVM 60 seem to require a "restart" like a PC. Glad you got it worked out.

Regarding DTS:X, Anthem emailed me in response to a query I made and indicated the release would be in the Summer, or at least that's when they anticipate having all the code written and tested.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back