• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, imahawki

T Cobe has described a way to connect the T2's so that you can play music, and add more bass punch with the LFE connection for movies.

It works, whether it's T1's, T2's or T3's. Any Triton powered tower will benefit from this set up. Check out Sandy's set-up tips for Triton towers. The LFE connection will route that signal with no roll-off in 5.1 movie mode to the Triton sub also.

If you can, audition the T2's with this set-up. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

imahawki wrote: I got to thinking, what if I bought a pair of GE Tritons and didn't buy any subs for now. Continue using the Klipsch center and surrounds for the time being while I save up to expand the system. Ultimately I'd buy a matching GE center speaker. For surrounds I'd like to go with Super Sat 3s to keep them wall mountable with a single screw and keyhole mount. Eventually I'd add subs. ... So after all of that, my question is, what are your thoughts on swapping out my mains and subs for Tritons and then building the rest of the system out slowly around that?

Many, MANY people use Triton Twos in a home theater setup without additional subwoofers. Unless your room is huge or you want jet engine volumes, the pair of Triton Two built-in subs will provide a huge amount of excellent bass. Don't let the bass-heads on this forum tell you otherwise, I have heard 100's of systems with Triton Twos and no subs and they do not lack bass. For almost any music listening, there would be absolutely no advantage to separate subs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hi again Imahawki,
Again, I have the T 2s and can tell you there may always be something bigger and better, but for those of us on a budget, these are AWESOME speakers!!!! The fact that you can dial in the bass on the back is a BIG benefit, running the LFE cable to them, as discussed will work great too, it is so very easy to get them set right for music, movies and for the room position where you have them playing.
BUT I am one of the bass heads that the Moderator Dude is referring to, YES, I can be happy with them, but I like my ForceField 5 with them too.
BUT you might not be like me, probably are not. And IF you are like me, want more bass, then you can always add a sub much later after LOTS of pure listening enjoyment in the meantime.
My T 2s are rocking out some Lucinda Williams "Live in Austin, TX" as we speak. WONDERFUL MUSIC!!!!!!! I feel as if I am there. And lovin' it!!!!!
When you get you some GoldenEar speakers, very soon you can sit back, put on the music and just revel in GREAT Sound!!!! And forget about Hi-Fi, specs and watts, and just enjoy!!!!
That is what it is really all about.
Have fun, get the best you can afford and then enjoy the movies and music,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• imahawki's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 11 months ago
OK, so my next question is, understanding that higher end pre-amps and amps will help, if I purchase the speakers, I can't upgrade my AVR (mid grade $1100 Onkyo) right now. Will I be deeply disappointed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Again, my opinion, but no. You should not be disappointed. They will sound great. The added benefit is that they will sound better if you invest more money later. My T1s sounded very good on my Integra 70.2 before I upgraded to separate amps. Your dealer should be able to hook them up to a comparable receiver in the store and let you hear first hand. Don't worry, you'll love them! My .02... Of course, that's coming from a Badger.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• imahawki's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Oooh, going to be good game this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice No subs for HT temporarily with Triton 2