file UpgradePath Suggestions for Dedicated Theater Room

• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fopmc Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Isu123,

That is certainly a very nice setup and I look forward to hearing more what you think the HTR7000 and MPX perform in more detail and and compared to each other. I currently have two set of 5 speaker setup, first set is in-ceiling and the other are Tritons and SCXL, and I've managed to mix them in nicely. I do want to know if MPX perform well as surround. Also don't forget to have that bar well stocked in the back, wow, i can't wait to see how it progresses.

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, lsu123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lsu123's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 49
lsu123 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
T Cobe,

Funny you say that...nothing ever works out exactly to plan, does it?! I was planning on putting 2 rows of 4 theater seat chairs, one in front of the other obviously. I have gotten more and more concerned over the room available to do that over the last few weeks. I have one row on order now and should have it in about a week from now, give or take. I'll put it in the room and figure it out from there. I think worse case I'll put a single matching seat on each wall in front of the row of 4 and call it a day. That will give my wife and I good seats as well as 2 friends, and the rest can work it out i guess, lol. I'll post another picture when the seats are in.
Speakers: Triton Two L/R, SuperCenter XXL, Invisa MPX Surrounds, Invisa HTR7000 Back Surrounds, 1 SVS PB1000 Sub, 1 Velodyne DEQ12R Sub
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

lsu123 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Po,

I absolutely will keep posting updates and thoughts as long as anyone is interested! I may have "undersold" the MPX a little bit in my last comments, because they do sound quite nice already (also not broken in yet), but when just standing in an empty room listening to Spotify and the receiver set to all channel stereo, the 7000s had a pretty good advantage in sound. Of course, as I noted, what you are intending to do with those speakers are not necessarily the same so it's probably not a fair comparison. I will definitely comment again on all of the speakers when I get the entire room setup and everything is working together per the "design".

Also, the bar will be stocked my friend! I plan to put up bar shelves on the empty wall over the sink and some other touches to give it an even better look (I think/hope). I've told friends to bring whatever (bottles) they want over and we'll just put it up there on the shelves for looks and they'll always have it available if they are over watching movies and hanging out with us. Seems like a cool win/win to me. :)
Speakers: Triton Two L/R, SuperCenter XXL, Invisa MPX Surrounds, Invisa HTR7000 Back Surrounds, 1 SVS PB1000 Sub, 1 Velodyne DEQ12R Sub
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, fopmc

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago

lsu123 wrote: T Cobe,

Funny you say that...nothing ever works out exactly to plan, does it?! I was planning on putting 2 rows of 4 theater seat chairs, one in front of the other obviously. I have gotten more and more concerned over the room available to do that over the last few weeks. I have one row on order now and should have it in about a week from now, give or take. I'll put it in the room and figure it out from there. I think worse case I'll put a single matching seat on each wall in front of the row of 4 and call it a day. That will give my wife and I good seats as well as 2 friends, and the rest can work it out i guess, lol. I'll post another picture when the seats are in.

Isu123,

Space always fills up faster then you plan. You have the option to have some bar stools at the bar and I use bean bags for additional seating in my theater when we are above capacity. Can't wait to see and hear more. It looks great!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, lsu123

lsu123 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hey guys, it's been awhile but I have an update and a question. I'll give my 6 month review of the MPX and 7000's a little later, but need advice. I bought a SuperCenter XXL today and have an opportunity to buy a pair of demo Triton 2s for $1800 (shipped free). They are the demos from the store that I am buying the center from and so far my dealings with them have been great. Assuming the gear is in great shape, do you think it's a good fit for me? Here's the additional info that I've been using to kick it around:

My room is large, 16widex28longx9high. I've been running (relatively decent) bookshelves for years and years, but most of that time was in a smaller room. They were fine there, if not great, but feel a little bit lacking in the new, larger room. They are powered by my receiver, 125watts per channel. The triton 2s would also be powered by the receiver for awhile, especially if I pull that trigger. I do run 2 subs already, so the subs in the triton 2s don't provide quite as much value there as they would otherwise. I was planning on upgrading the front L&R to new Triton 5s when I could, primarily because of price and because I do have the two subs already.

I know the Triton 5 is newer and sounds more like the Triton 1 is what I've heard. I would assume that the 5s would match better with the XXL for that reason (although enough for me to hear?..probably not).

Thoughts? I wasn't planning on doing the L&R any day soon, but this seems like a pretty good deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 7 months ago

lsu123 wrote: Hey guys, it's been awhile but I have an update and a question. I'll give my 6 month review of the MPX and 7000's a little later, but need advice. I bought a SuperCenter XXL today and have an opportunity to buy a pair of demo Triton 2s for $1800 (shipped free). They are the demos from the store that I am buying the center from and so far my dealings with them have been great. Assuming the gear is in great shape, do you think it's a good fit for me? Here's the additional info that I've been using to kick it around:

My room is large, 16widex28longx9high. I've been running (relatively decent) bookshelves for years and years, but most of that time was in a smaller room. They were fine there, if not great, but feel a little bit lacking in the new, larger room. They are powered by my receiver, 125watts per channel. The triton 2s would also be powered by the receiver for awhile, especially if I pull that trigger. I do run 2 subs already, so the subs in the triton 2s don't provide quite as much value there as they would otherwise. I was planning on upgrading the front L&R to new Triton 5s when I could, primarily because of price and because I do have the two subs already.

I know the Triton 5 is newer and sounds more like the Triton 1 is what I've heard. I would assume that the 5s would match better with the XXL for that reason (although enough for me to hear?..probably not).

Thoughts? I wasn't planning on doing the L&R any day soon, but this seems like a pretty good deal.

Oh, boy, you are in a pickle of a decision. If the T5's sound better than the T2, then I would go T5's. I have T2 but have them crossed over at 80Hz and have two 18" subwoofers for bass.

Will you be able to audition T5s next to the T2s? If yes, do that. Then buy the one that sounds better. Or, can you return the T5s if they don't work out - or will they allow you to do an in-home demo? If not, then the last option would be to consider buying the T2s and buying the T5s and doing an in-home comparison. Then, sell the T2s, since you can easly get what you paid for them. Worst case, you like the T2s and will sell the T5s, taking a small hit on the cost.

All in all, $1800 is kind of too good to turn down either way.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, lsu123

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice UpgradePath Suggestions for Dedicated Theater Room