compress Triton "Competition"

• deviate2112's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 53
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
deviate2112 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Well after only a few songs, they are amazing. Everything I loved about the T-ones but just more of it. It's like someone opened the curtains and you can look into the music more.
GoldenEar Triton Reference, GoldenEar XXL Center, Aon 2, Emotiva Airmotiv 6, Adam ax3, Epik Legend, Parts Express 15" sub kit, Anthem AVM 60, Bryston 4Bst, Crown XLS2500 X 2, Crown XLS1500 X 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 6 years 3 months ago

deviate2112 wrote: Well after only a few songs, they are amazing. Everything I loved about the T-ones but just more of it. It's like someone opened the curtains and you can look into the music more.

**A lot** more of it, in fact. ;)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hi Deviate, are you saying you bought the TRefs?
IF so, would love to hear more about the differences you are hearing from the TOnes.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

• deviate2112's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 53
deviate2112 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
I've had the Refs for a few days now, maybe 20 hours total. Easy way to think of the difference is, everything you like about the T-ones, the Refs magnify and make better. Truly an amazing speaker. it's like a vial has been lifted on the music, they let you look deeper into the music, a bit more clear, deeper, tighter bass, huge soundstage, huge sound. I totally had my doubts, I made 3 trips to my local dealer before taking the plunge. The music just comes out of total blackness. Best purchase I've ever made....and no I don't work for GE..LOL
If you ever in the Detroit area you're welcome to visit.
GoldenEar Triton Reference, GoldenEar XXL Center, Aon 2, Emotiva Airmotiv 6, Adam ax3, Epik Legend, Parts Express 15" sub kit, Anthem AVM 60, Bryston 4Bst, Crown XLS2500 X 2, Crown XLS1500 X 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Pbgalvin, HTSME

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 3 months ago
An audiophile friend (Mike) has a friend (Gary) who was interested in upgrading his Ohms, and was interested in GeT, so Mike put Gary in touch with me. One other option he was considering was the Tektons.
What scared him off was, the only way to try them was an order with a return policy, but return shipping was $500. So he gave up on testing them. He couldn't easily try the GeTs at home either so he ended up with Polks. I wished him good sound but worry about what's he's missing by not going with GeTs!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 3 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: An audiophile friend (Mike) has a friend (Gary) who was interested in upgrading his Ohms, and was interested in GeT, so Mike put Gary in touch with me. One other option he was considering was the Tektons.
What scared him off was, the only way to try them was an order with a return policy, but return shipping was $500. So he gave up on testing them. He couldn't easily try the GeTs at home either so he ended up with Polks. I wished him good sound but worry about what's he's missing by not going with GeTs!

Garry seems to be an "Bad Influence." The Poor Guy has No "Common Sense." Send him to Kansas, we'll knock some sense into him.:side:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton "Competition"