compress Triton "Competition"

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTSME Posted 6 years 3 months ago

Marsman wrote: uggh just got a pair of T-ones now you guys are making me want the Reference ! I will wait a bit but I do not think I will stray from the brand they are such great speakers ! So who went from T-ones to the Reference? what are your thoughts ?

Marsman, Congrats on your T-ones. They are great speakers and in my opinion beats anything at this price point. So stay out of the audio store and enjoy your speakers. No hard to go listen to the T Reference expect your credit card and savings account. I would wait six months before you listen to the T Reference and then you can assess if its worth the upgrade or not.

IMHO, the T-Ref, T-Ones, One+, and Two + are best in class. So stay with what you have and enjoy them.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deviate2112's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 53
deviate2112 Posted 6 years 3 months ago

Marsman wrote: uggh just got a pair of T-ones now you guys are making me want the Reference ! I will wait a bit but I do not think I will stray from the brand they are such great speakers ! So who went from T-ones to the Reference? what are your thoughts ?

I did I did!! I had the T-ones for about a year, heard they were coming out with the Refs. I didn't buy the Refs at first listen, bad demo/room but then on my 3rd visit on new equipment and in a different room I was blown away. I've had the Refs for about 3 weeks now and they are amazing. I just got back from Axpona where only a handful of systems beat them and all were 2 ++ times more expensive. For me it was a tough sell $$ wise but totally worth it now.
GoldenEar Triton Reference, GoldenEar XXL Center, Aon 2, Emotiva Airmotiv 6, Adam ax3, Epik Legend, Parts Express 15" sub kit, Anthem AVM 60, Bryston 4Bst, Crown XLS2500 X 2, Crown XLS1500 X 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 3 months ago

deviate2112 wrote:

I did I did!! I had the T-ones for about a year, heard they were coming out with the Refs. I didn't buy the Refs at first listen, bad demo/room but then on my 3rd visit on new equipment and in a different room I was blown away. I've had the Refs for about 3 weeks now and they are amazing. I just got back from Axpona where only a handful of systems beat them and all were 2 ++ times more expensive. For me it was a tough sell $$ wise but totally worth it now.

Congrats on your purchase and restraint....giving in on your third trip.

Did you place the T-Ref in the same location as the T-Ones and did you use the same settings in the base management system?

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• deviate2112's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 53
deviate2112 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Mostly in the same spot, a little more angle on the Refs for music. Running a Anthem AVM-60, no ARC processing, Refs full range
GoldenEar Triton Reference, GoldenEar XXL Center, Aon 2, Emotiva Airmotiv 6, Adam ax3, Epik Legend, Parts Express 15" sub kit, Anthem AVM 60, Bryston 4Bst, Crown XLS2500 X 2, Crown XLS1500 X 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton "Competition"