file Amplifier for Triton One

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Wow Anthem. Great feedback. So if I were to give you the option of using your old amps with the anticabke power cord or your newer Zen amp without the cable what would you choose? I actually thought the decwares had more of a black background due to their power Conditioning? Very interesting.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Steveo

The magic is coming from the source component, which is the Oppo 105. When the Oppo is equipped with the Anti-Cable, to my ears, everything sounds mind blowing. It has literally changed the sound of my system.

Now to answer your original question, I would pick the Torii with stock cord over my old amps in day of the week. I loves my Torri...great amp.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
That's interesting. I have the Sony hapz1 player as my source (brilliant by the way) so it's good to know I might only need one of these. Is this all you are running on? Just one cord to the oppo? No further cords to the amp or tritons or preamp?
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
PS Audio P10

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Yep, just one cord on the Oppo. It's a loaner from my Good Buddy (Dilettante) from Georgia (I'll return it next week). Tomorrow the other two Anti-Cable's I ordered will arrive, then I will have three to experiment with. I want to put one on the Torii and one on the Oppo, and hear how that sounds. Then I'll replace the Venom 3's on the T2's with the Anti-Cable's and have the 3rd AC on the Oppo. Should be a fun weekend.

At least for now, the Torii, Oppo, and Anti-Cable combo has been working so well that I haven't felt the need to use my Primaluna Preamp...so for now it's sitting on the sidelines.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Anthem would you say the decware is loud enough to drive your t2s to high levels? I have the t1s and can see they are 92db efficient so I was wondering if I would be better off going for the ZMA 40w instead?

I am concerned because I would be coming off a emotiva xpa5 which is 200w per channel so 25w or even 40w would be a step down in raw power. What improvements would I see coming from a solid state emotiva?
PS Audio P10

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Anthem,

Steveo brings up some good questions. My guess is that the volume would be more than sufficient with either of the Decaware amps except for the rare few that like to listen REALLY loud. At a reasonable listening distance, you should be well into the 90 dB range if not the low 100s with either model but my question is would someone with decent amplification already be better off with something like the Decaware Zen Triode OTL pre-amp (model CSP3)?

I've considered adding a tube pre-amp at some point for 2-channel listening. Peachtree and Rogue use tube pre-amps with solid state amplification in some of their integrated amps with great results. I'd definitely be interested in your thoughts on this since you own Emotiva amps and a really good tube pre-amp as well. I'm also looking forward to hearing how those Anti-Cables sound on your T2s. Have fun today with you experiments!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Amplifier for Triton One