file Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Umer Hameed Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hello everyone. Recently i decided to upgrade my triton 7 to Tritons 3 . How u people suggest this upgrade? Will the Tritons 3 built in subwoofers give me proper bass when watching movie?? I am not big bass fan but i want good deep tight bass not the wall shaking type. SO plz suggest me should i go ahead with the update of Triton Seven + sub to Triton 3 without sub?

Early reply is appreciated.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hello Umer,

My suggestion: Keep your Triton Sevens and your Force Field Sub and use the Sevens as Rear Surrounds and your Fore Field as a Rear Sub. Add the Triton Threes as Fronts. You will have a better integration of bass with the Triton Threes and you will probably benefit from being able to augment the bass with rear placement of your Force Field Sub.

Best,

Art

ArthurDaniels wrote: Hello Umer,

My suggestion: Keep your Triton Sevens and your Force Field Sub and use the Sevens as Rear Surrounds and your Fore Field as a Rear Sub. Add the Triton Threes as Fronts. You will have a better integration of bass with the Triton Threes and you will probably benefit from being able to augment the bass with rear placement of your Force Field Sub.

Best,

Art

Thank you for reply thats the great setup you are recommending.. But what if i tell you that i am on a budget and can only afford to keep Either Triton 3 or triton 7 + Sub? My dealer agreed to replace my sevens and subs with Triton 3 without any loss. I am considering this update because i will make my system future proof with this. May be Triton 3 is better and have wide soundstage than triton 7 + SUB. Actually Triton 3 is cheaper than triton 7 + SUB. So what do u recommend now? Can only Triton 3 handle the Lower frequencies of movies efficiently? How can we compare the woofer of triton 3 with forcefield??
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hello Umer,

Have you listened to the Triton 3s while playing a movie? When I auditioned both my Sevens and my Ones, I used my CDs to check out their performance with music I knew. Had I been concerned about movie sound, I would also have used a movie of my choice (in my case "War of the Worlds") to check out the bass and other sounds.

I did not audition Triton Threes, so I cannot comment directly on them. However, I will bet that you will find that the Threes will our-perform the Sevens + Sub combination because of the integrated bass. Also, consider stepping up to the Twos if your budget permits.

Another ides: Ask your dealer if he offers extended "same as cash" financing. If he does, perhaps you could then consider Triton Ones, which I am confident you will prefer.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Umer Hameed

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi Umer,
I have the Triton 2s, the 3s, and the 7s. Also a ForceField 5 sub. I watch a LOT of movies and listen to some music.
For movies (I think I remember you are mostly movies too) I honestly believe you MUST have a SUB.
Sorry, some here will not agree, and IF you have the money for the Triton Ones, then sure, you will not need a sub. Triton 2s are probably OK for movies without a sub for some people, NOT for me.
Triton 3s will not give you a better sound than the T 7s and a sub, IMHO. Sorry, some people will not agree, and I am not saying anything bad about the T3s, they are my surround speakers. Before I had them in another room as my main speakers and I pulled them, I demoted them, I replaced them with the T 7s even without a sub because they sound much better to me. No, not enough bass, but for that room we only want background music during dinner or when people are over, or small venue listening, a violin or piano concerto.
BUT the key point here is the same as what Art asked, have you auditioned a movie with the T 3s? IF you are satisfied, IF you like it, then go for it, I would NOT. I would keep the T7s and sub and only trade up for at least the T2s.
Just my for what it is worth, enjoy the ride,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Umer Hameed

ArthurDaniels wrote: Hello Umer,

Have you listened to the Triton 3s while playing a movie? When I auditioned both my Sevens and my Ones, I used my CDs to check out their performance with music I knew. Had I been concerned about movie sound, I would also have used a movie of my choice (in my case "War of the Worlds") to check out the bass and other sounds.

I did not audition Triton Threes, so I cannot comment directly on them. However, I will bet that you will find that the Threes will our-perform the Sevens + Sub combination because of the integrated bass. Also, consider stepping up to the Twos if your budget permits.

Another ides: Ask your dealer if he offers extended "same as cash" financing. If he does, perhaps you could then consider Triton Ones, which I am confident you will prefer.

Best,

Art

Hey Brother thanks for recommending giving me options.. So you think Triton three will outperform the Sevens + Sub in Movies?

I have auditioned the triton one last night and I LOVEEED them . But the problem is that i dont have the right gadgets or receivers to play them. May be in future i will upgrade to Triton One.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?