file Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 2 months ago

Umer Hameed wrote: Should i keep up my Goldenear Triton 7 + SUB or Goldenear Triton 3. My most useage is movies. But i dont like the excess bass. My SUB is at 8 o clock right now. So you can judge how much i like.

Also how do u compare the two subs of Triton 3 with One forcefield?

Best answer is, it depends. If you have the space for an outboard sub, I see no reason to consider the Triton Threes as an alternative. Two subs is always better than one in terms of the in-room bass performance, often a lot better. If you have Triton Sevens and a single sub now, I would suggest adding a second sub over switching to Triton Threes. If you want to "move up", Triton Twos or Triton Ones with no external sub would be the obvious direction. Hope this helps, thanks for your interest and participation, much appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, Umer Hameed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hello Umer,

Well, you've now heard from several of us and you have received several different suggestions. One thing you said troubled me just a bit. You said that you weren't ready for Triton Ones because you do not have the right equipment to drive them. I disagree. I am driving my Triton Ones with my Onkyo NR 3009 AV Receiver and I am very happy with my system. The specs on my Onkyo are similar to the specs for your Yamaha.

So, my last thought for you: Take your Yamaha Receiver to your GE dealer (or get him to hook up a comparable AV Receiver from his stock) and listen to all the Triton Speakers. Take music CDs and movie DVDs form your collection for the audition. Decide which Triton speaker set is best for your needs - then work out a deal with your dealer.

I think that you need to hear all the Tritons so that you can be sure of your choice. Don't worry about the Yamaha - it will be fine, just as my Onkyo is fine for me.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Umer Hameed

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Umer,

Consensus is Triton Twos with your current receiver. If you are able to afford the T2s, you should be able to take care of your L/R mains and subwoofer with just the two towers. Your receiver is definitely powerful enough to drive them. You get most of the way to the T1 performance and, as a bonus, bragging rights over the 683s. The latter should not be a primary concern, but rather a fringe benefit. B)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Umer Hameed

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
Umer Hameed Posted 9 years 2 months ago

ArthurDaniels wrote: Hello Umer,

Well, you've now heard from several of us and you have received several different suggestions. One thing you said troubled me just a bit. You said that you weren't ready for Triton Ones because you do not have the right equipment to drive them. I disagree. I am driving my Triton Ones with my Onkyo NR 3009 AV Receiver and I am very happy with my system. The specs on my Onkyo are similar to the specs for your Yamaha.

So, my last thought for you: Take your Yamaha Receiver to your GE dealer (or get him to hook up a comparable AV Receiver from his stock) and listen to all the Triton Speakers. Take music CDs and movie DVDs form your collection for the audition. Decide which Triton speaker set is best for your needs - then work out a deal with your dealer.

I think that you need to hear all the Tritons so that you can be sure of your choice. Don't worry about the Yamaha - it will be fine, just as my Onkyo is fine for me.

Best,

Art

Hello Arthur Daniel..
Thanks for the great suggestion. I did exactly what u said. I took my Yamaha Rx V1900 with me to the dealer for the demo. And you know what, It worked like a charm with Goldenear Triton 2. Even my Dealer got shocked that how beautifully the yamaha receiver driving the Goldenear Triton 2. He said that he did not expect such a performance from a receiver only. So he was fully satisfied so am I. I have listened to both One and Two , I must say The Twos did the very good job . Same flavour of music as that of One. Triton One got just a wider soundstage and little more oomph in bass maybe due to the big cabinet. But i booked the order for Triton 2 and will get it tomorrow on sunday.

I was not expecting to upgrade seven so early. It has been hardly one month i bought the sevens. BUt when i listened to its big brothers i could not resist for upgrade. Only hoping that the Triton will do good with the lower ends of movie. As i only tested on stereo at my dealer place.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
Umer Hameed Posted 9 years 2 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Umer,

Consensus is Triton Twos with your current receiver. If you are able to afford the T2s, you should be able to take care of your L/R mains and subwoofer with just the two towers. Your receiver is definitely powerful enough to drive them. You get most of the way to the T1 performance and, as a bonus, bragging rights over the 683s. The latter should not be a primary concern, but rather a fringe benefit. B)

Cheers,

T Cobe

Now i got the Triton 2 of around 3000 dollars range. Now he will tell me that i can buy the better speaker in this range with B&W rather than Goldenear. What do you say on this :P ? As i have never auditioned the B&W speaker of this range. There is no authorized dealer nearby.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 2 months ago
The Triton 2's will smoke any speaker in the $3K range. Don't let an salesman sway your decision. Keep the receiver you already own, order the T2's, call it a day, and enjoy...I do.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?