file Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Umer Hameed Posted 9 years 2 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hi Umer,
I have the Triton 2s, the 3s, and the 7s. Also a ForceField 5 sub. I watch a LOT of movies and listen to some music.
For movies (I think I remember you are mostly movies too) I honestly believe you MUST have a SUB.
Sorry, some here will not agree, and IF you have the money for the Triton Ones, then sure, you will not need a sub. Triton 2s are probably OK for movies without a sub for some people, NOT for me.
Triton 3s will not give you a better sound than the T 7s and a sub, IMHO. Sorry, some people will not agree, and I am not saying anything bad about the T3s, they are my surround speakers. Before I had them in another room as my main speakers and I pulled them, I demoted them, I replaced them with the T 7s even without a sub because they sound much better to me. No, not enough bass, but for that room we only want background music during dinner or when people are over, or small venue listening, a violin or piano concerto.
BUT the key point here is the same as what Art asked, have you auditioned a movie with the T 3s? IF you are satisfied, IF you like it, then go for it, I would NOT. I would keep the T7s and sub and only trade up for at least the T2s.
Just my for what it is worth, enjoy the ride,
God Bless,
Wayne

Hey Wayne,

Whats your view on overall soundstage and sound quality of trtion 3 over triton 7 if we leave the lower ranges apart. Will it be a good upgrade then?
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please Moderator Help me out here. As you may possess the maximum knowledge regarding these setups than us.. Should i keep up my Goldenear Triton 7 + SUB or Goldenear Triton 3. My most useage is movies. But i dont like the excess bass. My SUB is at 8 o clock right now. So you can judge how much i like.

Also how do u compare the two subs of Triton 3 with One forcefield?
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Umer,

If it were me, I would absolutely keep the T7s as Wayne has recommended. The first GET speakers I auditioned was the T3 and their mid bass (and vocals) were very recessed. To me they sounded very much like a B&W speaker. That's not a bad thing, but for my preferences, I didn't want laid back. I like the neutral sound of the T2s, T7s, T5s, and for that matter, the Aons. I believe the single 4.5 inch mid-range driver is just not enough to go up against the HVFR and a powered sub section.

In a home theater, the T7s and a FF sub give you a lot of flexibility. The T7s also match the SCXL extremely well. I would rest assured you have the better set up in hand. If you could save for the T1s or T2s and buy those down the road, you could move the T7s to surround channels and have an amazing set up that will make your friend with the B&W 683s very jealous. :) Good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Umer Hameed

T Cobe wrote: Umer,

If it were me, I would absolutely keep the T7s as Wayne has recommended. The first GET speakers I auditioned was the T3 and their mid bass (and vocals) were very recessed. To me they sounded very much like a B&W speaker. That's not a bad thing, but for my preferences, I didn't want laid back. I like the neutral sound of the T2s, T7s, T5s, and for that matter, the Aons. I believe the single 4.5 inch mid-range driver is just not enough to go up against the HVFR and a powered sub section.

In a home theater, the T7s and a FF sub give you a lot of flexibility. The T7s also match the SCXL extremely well. I would rest assured you have the better set up in hand. If you could save for the T1s or T2s and buy those down the road, you could move the T7s to surround channels and have an amazing set up that will make your friend with the B&W 683s very jealous. :) Good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe

Thank you for helping out again , Now i am thinking about Triton 2 . Lol. I should get the Trtitons 2 instead of Tritons 3 as i also worried about only one midd bass driver. Now the question by bearing in mind my Yamaha Receiver 130 wpc, Can it drive the Tritons 2 properly? Or it may overkill for receiver? I am in no position to upgrade my receiver yet. Now whats your opinion? Or Should i stick with the Tritons 7?
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Triton 7, Triton 7 & Sub, Triton 3's, Triton 2's...get the Triton 2's, keep your Yamaha receiver (130 watts is not overkill ) and call it a day.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Umer,
I agree with T Cobe and Brother Anthem, get the Triton 2s if you can and you will be set for now!!!
They are by far the best place to start if on a budget.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?