• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi Ravi,
Good question.
Most room correction programs, Audyssey in particular, like to set your main speakers as LARGE, just to make you feel good that you have, well large and good speakers. This is common B.S. so think nothing of it. Just manually set the speakers to SMALL and for sub say YES.
Play with crossover settings between 80 and 120 Hz and see what sounds best to you.
Don't worry about "over riding" what the receiver setting is, we all have to do it.
Have a good time getting your system dialed in and sounding the best,
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 2 months ago

Ravi wrote: I am in the same boat deciding between triton 7 and triton 3 with sub for 5.1 setup. My question when I run calibration on my denon 4311 CI it sets the fronts as large and there is no out put from sub. I need to set the all speakers as small to get the LFE from sub. I tried LFE + Main (in some receivers its called double bass) it's too much of bass, and I dont like it. Any suggestions how to set up the triton 3 with sub in 5.1 set up.

If you set fronts to large and sub to yes (the recommended setup for Triton Threes) the LFE channel (only) is outputted through the sub out jack. Bass from the other channels, as specified by small and crossover frequency, will be directed to the large front speakers. On Triton Sevens, you would select small and sub yes, and then LFE plus all frequencies below the crossover selected for the main L/R speakers (and any other speaker channels set to small) will be directed to the sub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 7 + SUB or Triton 3?