T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Murphyslaw1978,

emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/46793/fs-xpr-5-awesome

Here's your chance for an XPR-5.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Thanks T Cobe - I'll check it out.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 month ago
You bet. Looks like the original post is a few months old and someone is asking if it's still for sale, but you could jump on it and get lucky.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw1978

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by eiffel62. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: Murphyslaw1978,...

I think the new XPA Gen3 amps incorporate a significant amount of the XPR technology and are more powerful than the Gen2 XPA amps. They're not as powerful as the XPR, but I'd bet the sound quality is similar. I'm a little surprised by the lack of reviews on the new Gen3. I'd like to see a few write ups before I'd want to commit, but I'm leaning that direction for my future Atmos expansion.

Murphyslaw1978,

I just got my second XPA Gen3 in this week. This one is a 4 channel Gen3 to power the surround & rears to the upfront 3 channel Gen3, and allow for future Atmos expansion as channels can be added to them.

As far as power, there is a thread there that talks about double blades on the Gen3 that would give more wattage per channel . I am rather new into power amps and TCobe and others here have been helping me with my upgrade.

I can tell you one thing the Gen3 amps are really nice. Right now the 3-channel is breaking in my new Triton 2+s on the LF/RF while my second Triton 1s is in for repair. I had a Crown amp loose connection that, as it turns out, damaged both within 2 months of buying. The first was fixed, but it was not until I got one of the refurbished XMC-1s and started taking Dirac and REW measurements, that I found that the second Triton was also damaged.

Good luck on your XPR, but if that does not happen, you might check that thread out more on when the double blades might be available to the Gen3 to meet those power needs.
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 1 month ago

eiffel62 wrote:

T Cobe wrote: Murphyslaw1978,...

I think the new XPA Gen3 amps incorporate a significant amount of the XPR technology and are more powerful than the Gen2 XPA amps. They're not as powerful as the XPR, but I'd bet the sound quality is similar. I'm a little surprised by the lack of reviews on the new Gen3. I'd like to see a few write ups before I'd want to commit, but I'm leaning that direction for my future Atmos expansion.

Murphyslaw1978,

I just got my second XPA Gen3 in this week. This one is a 4 channel Gen3 to power the surround & rears to the upfront 3 channel Gen3, and allow for future Atmos expansion as channels can be added to them.

As far as power, there is a thread there that talks about double blades on the Gen3 that would give more wattage per channel . I am rather new into power amps and TCobe and others here have been helping me with my upgrade.

I can tell you one thing the Gen3 amps are really nice. Right now the 3-channel is breaking in my new Triton 2+s on the LF/RF while my second Triton 1s is in for repair. I had a Crown amp loose connection that, as it turns out, damaged both within 2 months of buying. The first was fixed, but it was not until I got one of the refurbished XMC-1s and started taking Dirac and REW measurements, that I found that the second Triton was also damaged.

Good luck on your XPR, but if that does not happen, you might check that thread out more on when the double blades might be available to the Gen3 to meet those power needs.

First of all, sorry to hear about the damaged equipment - that's a huge bummer.

As for the Gen3s, I just wish they had the cool front display like the older XPRs did, and I'll have to wait and see when those double-wides will come out. I do agree that these newer SMPS efficient power supplies that can pull 3KW are probably better in the long run as long as quality is the same or improved. The amps are going to be lighter and more efficient.

Thanks for the link. Maybe I should also post my wish list ideas, which would include a chassis-based amplifier that uses modular blades so that end users can swap in and out their own amplifier modules into a chassis that accepts them. Nothing against Emotiva's current plan of having the expandability, but then again, having to ship the amplifier for service isn't the easiest. It's not like folks will be adding and removing amplifier blades very often, but I do like the idea of investing into a chassis that might last 10-20 years, but having the option to replace the modules if they wanted to over time, could allow for easier upgrades in the future.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 8 years 1 month ago

murphyslaw1978 wrote: Nothing against Emotiva's current plan of having the expandability, but then again, having to ship the amplifier for service isn't the easiest. It's not like folks will be adding and removing amplifier blades very often, but I do like the idea of investing into a chassis that might last 10-20 years, but having the option to replace the modules if they wanted to over time, could allow for easier upgrades in the future.

Agree, that was my thinking as well. Perhaps Emotiva may rethink the direct business model and work with local audio dealers in the future. Then it would be simpler to add new blades. I also wish these were consumer plug-and-play blades but since I allowed a loose banana plug in back of Crown amp fry the Tritons, I may not be qualified to do this replacement. :unsure:
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series External Amp?