• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Jose,

Glad you are getting the performance boost you were looking for at a great price! I suspected you would like the additional muscle of an external amp, particularly for music. As Wayne said, please keep us posted on your journey. Thanks for the pic of your evolving setup!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsgt2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chuckinator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 47
Chuckinator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Don mean to change subject matter but what amps r u all using on your Triton 1's? I am using a bryston 6bsst and the GE seem a little forward. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Hey Again, Don,
Well the TOnes are doing a great job playing exactly what they get, IMHO, the Bryston amp is a forward sounding amp.
Again, just my opinion.
You asked what amps we are using, I have Vincent tube/transistor hybrid mono blocks, the SP-T800 amps. And they are not bright, BUT I will say that I had all silver interconnects and speaker cables with my setup moving from the Trition 2s to the TOnes. And I found with the TOnes that some overly digital sounding discs were just too bright for me, digital glare.
So I changed out my interconnects and speaker wires to better ones that warmed up the tone a bit, took off some of that glare, still have plenty of resolution but did away with some analytical etchiness. Totally fantastic synergy of sound now.
I hope this helps,
Have fun with it,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 7 months ago

Chuckinator wrote: Don mean to change subject matter but what amps r u all using on your Triton 1's? I am using a bryston 6bsst and the GE seem a little forward. Thank you

Hi Chuckinator,

I can't comment on the Bryston sound, but I'm using Bel Canto REF600M monoblocks on my TRefs. They are delightfully neutral and were a significant improvement over my old amp, which did have a bet of edginess in the sound.

That said, I also noticed an improvement going from the Oppo 105 DAC to my current Auralic Vega DAC. The Oppo had a noticeable digital edge, and the Vega cured that and provided a better bass response.

Basically every link in the chain from DAC to interconnects (now Audience Au24 SX) to amps to speaker cables (also Au 24 SX) have all had an effect on the sound. Both the TRefs and the T1s are amazingly transparent and have allowed me to hear everything that's going on upstream.

So if brightness/edginess is a problem for you, consider also looking at your DAC and cabling.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

I am using the OPPO 205 as my DAC. seems when I use the HDMI inputs it is a little forward, but when I use the Analog inputs it is smoother sounding. I have 2 other amps to try , a Caver Cinema grand , which is a lay back amp, and a B&K 7250 5 channel amp. But I loved the Bryston with the Maggies and it was pricy even used! I'd hate to use the Bryston for surround duties for what it costs. I guess I would sell it, I'll just have to mess around some with cables and amps. a little disappointed that the sound is on the bright sound.

well I toed them OUT a little bit and they sound better!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series External Amp?