file Triton Seven with Peachtree Amp?

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Mike...what is your amp budget allowance? Are you looking for an amp only or amp/preamp combo?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GEDuck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
GEDuck Posted 10 years 1 month ago
I have the old 110w/pc integrated Yamaha amp that I'm limping by with right now. I'm thinking that the biggest bang for the buck is to supplement it with a good two channel amp as the Yamaha has preouts. Budget is around $600 for an amp and DAC. I was interested in the Decco65 as it integrated the Peachtree DAC with the amp (refurb for $599). But I'd be open to splurging on a better amp and running music through the DAC in my Yamaha for now. Thank you for any advice you can help with!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The Decco65 will probably work, given your listening is mainly at moderate levels. Wayne's remark of an added sub is a great idea, although it's hard to incorporate one. With a budget of $600 another possibility might be Emotiva.com. They are closing out some of their models and slashing the prices. Of interest: UPA-200 $299 (125 watts) no balanced inputs; or the XPA-200 $449 (150 watts) has balanced inputs and for a DAC the XDA-2 $219.

Just trying to help. :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Hey GEDuck,
Sounds like you are getting some great advice from Bro Anthem and the Moderator Dude.
I don't want to say any thing bad about the Yamaha, and indeed I don't know much. But he T7s are such great speakers they deserve better amplification, IMHO. And better pre-amplification too. The Peachtree (by reputation) has both. Or the Emotiva are good choices too by all accounts.
I am just guessing here, based on what you said, I wouldn't trust those Yamaha 110 wpc figures much, wouldn't go by that at all, you probably need around 100 wpc or more of real solid state power without a sub. With a sub and good bass management, then you would be good with 65 wpc in most cases.
The beauty of audio is, you can improve just one thing in your system and enjoy the music, and save up for the next improvement, build it and improve it one step at a time.
Plan ahead guy!!!!
And enjoy it now. Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• GEDuck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
GEDuck Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Thanks everyone for the advice. Anyone think that a 200watt emotiva amp is over kill for the sevens (xpa2)? Would the 125 watt amp be sufficient? I have young kids so reference level listening would entice the scorn of my spouse! But I would love to have enough power for punchy and deep bass! Thanks!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's easier too damage a speaker with an under powered amp than one with too much power. The xpa-2 (300 watts) or any of the other amps I mentioned on my previous post would do a great job. Also for your consideration, the xpa-1L mono block (closeout price) would make for a killer system. Remember... God gave us a volume knob and a brain... need I say more.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Seven with Peachtree Amp?