file Triton Seven with Peachtree Amp?

• GEDuck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GEDuck Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Thanks all - just ordered the UPA-200 as was recommended here to provide better amplification of the speaker. I'll follow up next week with my thoughts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
The UPA-200...a fantastic bargain. Allow 15-20 hours break in to get the most out of this amp. As you said in your post, keep us posted on your thoughts. :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

GEDuck Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
Not sure how this thread migrated into an Emotiva amp topic!

Anyway, just wanted to upgrade you guys on my experience. Just got the Emotiva UPA-200 in the mail yesterday.

After plugging everything all in and running for 2/3 hours at low levels, turned it up and noticed a remarkable difference in sound! I thought I would be spending the evening A/B Yamaha with the Emotiva - no need! The Emotiva powers the Triton's so well it now sings beautifully! I'll be spending some more time with the amp, but thought I'd pass along initial thoughts.

My only question for anyone who more powerful amps (like the Emo XPA3/5 or XPA2) - I did notice that in more complex passages (full symphonic goodness), the Triton's seem to struggle with the low end. Bass drum/Tuba seems to get buried behind the beautiful sounds of the trumpet/violins that the tweeter delivers. Is this again an issue with power to the speakers? I find that with Pop music (e.g. Lorde Royals), the bass is nice, tight, punchy. But in classical music, it gets lost.

Thanks and hope this helps anyone else thinking of buying a Triton Seven!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
Borrow something good for the front end to try instead of the Yamaha, the limitations are not the speakers. Could be the room, but I am much more inclined to believe the signal you're sending your new amp is not very hifi.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
GEDuck: what are you listening to? Cd's, MP3s, high resolution audio? Do the 7's struggle with ALL Classical music or just certain selections?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

GEDuck Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
I'm listening to various lossless recordings via Mac Mini - Itunes - Amarra - Peachtree DAC - Yamaha Receiver - UPA200. I wouldn't say it struggles with all classical music - more so the bottom end of selections where the full orchrestra kicks in. I was an avid violin/orchrestra nut in my younger days so maybe I am a bit unrealistic about getting fuller sound on the lower end. Could be an issue with the Yamaha as the moderator says.

I'm tempted to take a listen to the Triton 2's and see if that enhances my situation - though I've heard multiple arguments for and against the two's. Two 2400 watt subs built into the towers has to help right?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Seven with Peachtree Amp?