file Triton Seven with Peachtree Amp?

• GEDuck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GEDuck Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard the Triton Sevens with the Peachtree Amps? Namely the Decco series? I saw that GE demo'd the sevens with the Decco at CES last year. I wanted to know if the power was sufficient to drive the Sevens decently loud (I enjoy listening to symphonic music with high dynamic range). Also, wanted to know how they paid with the sevens.

I'm currently running the sevens with a 10 year old Yamaha integrated amp.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Yes, both GoldenEar and Peachtree were playing that combo at their CES demos. Sounded spectacular, in both rooms. If you want them to really sing (play loud), focus on the bigger Peachtree amps.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Just talked with my cousin in Tennessee, he has a Peachtree Nova (80 watts). He says the Nova is a good sounding integrated amp, but does not feel it has enough power for full symphonic movements, especially at higher volumes. I agree with Moderator, focus on the larger amps, in the long run you'll be happier.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Hi GE Duck,
I think you can and will do a LOT better than the older Yamaha integrated. Many amps will do better.
BUT for full symphonic sound with the Triton 7s, I would recommend (IF you have the bass management to support it) you add a ForceField sub. Then you can use a little less power for the T7s and still get great, wonderful sound from them, AND you will fill in the bottom end with power and better articulate the bass from the orchestra.
I was listening to Shubert's Unfinished symphony last night with my tube amp (admittedly not the bottom end power and control that you can expect from the larger Peachtrees the Moderator Dude and Bro Anthem are recommending) and everything from upper bass on up was brilliant, awesome sounding. BUT NOT THE LOW BASS. Try it, but be ready to add a sub if you can.
Good listening and please report back to us what you do and how it works out.
ENJOY,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• GEDuck's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
GEDuck Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Thanks for the response everyone. I do enjoy symphonic music but also love a warm/analog jazz sound. Not sure if I can find an amp that would fit both of those types of music (tube vs powerful SS amp).

What wattage rating would you guys recommend for the Triton 7's? Looks like something above 100/channel sounds like the recommendation here. Would you guys recommend an older amp (like a Carver A400x with 200 watts/ch)? I don't always listen to music very loud - 80% of my listening is at moderate levels with a glass of scotch :).

Thanks!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Based on room size and listening habits, 100-150 watts should be plenty. Maybe less if we want to keep from spilling that glass of scotch.

I would steer clear of old technology amps like the Carver you mention, it wasn't considered very good sounding 20 years ago, much less today.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Seven with Peachtree Amp?