file Best Power Amp for Triton Ones

• Audiophileman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Audiophileman Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Thanks,I appreciate the help. I will look into the Vincents. I believe Audio Advisor carries them. Thanks, Audiophileman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Rackon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So you didn't notice any thin sound? Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Audiophileman,
The Saint-Saens 3rd Symphony "Organ" has been mentioned on another post, I just played it in 3 channel DSD on my TOnes and SC X all with mono block Vincents.
WOW!!!! Powerful stuff!!!
I had Munch directing the Boston Symphony Orchestra in my home theater!!!! A solid wall of sound in front of me.
This is a raucous, blustering, LOUD, BIG symphony, piano and organ and all.
The TOnes held their own even with the volume cranked up so much my wife left the room, even before they really got to rocking.
These amps are much cheaper than a lot you are considering, mostly because they are designed in Germany but built in China. Similar to GEt speakers, building them in China with good quality control makes all the difference, price wise.
All your choices sound great, pun intended, but hybrid amps are an awesome choice to me.
With Class A, a no brainer.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rackon

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

Audiophileman wrote: So you didn't notice any thin sound? Thanks.

Of course not, I don't even know what they would mean by that comment - I can tell you that a top notch amp with the Triton speakers is going to result in good sound, always. (Even a mid-priced receiver does a pretty darn good job with them.) What did they think was "better"?

He mentioned Ati and Mark Levinson. He said the JC1 is a great amp, but because the Tritons are so efficient with the powered woofers he said the load would be so easy on the JC1 he thought the sound would be thin. He sells all of the brands so he doesn't care but he is just giving his own personal opinion. Of course the Ati and Mark Levinson are high powered as well. To me I am thinking the 25 watts of pure Class A of the JC1 would be nice for 2 channel listening. And then for home theater it would change to A/B with up to 400 watts I would think the Tritons would sound fantastic with them. But of course everything is always subjective. Thanks Audiophileman.

• Brumtech's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
Brumtech Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Long time listener, first time caller. I figured I could add my $.02. I have the JC1's hooked up to my T1's and I am extremely happy with them. The only downsides are the heat they produce in high bias mode and they need a good amount of break in time. I agree with the Moderator about the "thin" comment. I find them to be full and lush once they're warmed up (1 hour). However, I have never heard another amp in my system. I did a good deal of research before the purchase and never read anyone stating they felt they sounded thin. They still get rave reviews and I believe they originally came out in 2003.

That being said, I'd love to hear the T1's with the BHK300's. I can't imagine you would be disappointed with them based off of what I've read. For the record I am somewhat of a PS Audio fanboy. My T1's are also using their DS DAC, DMP Transport, BHK Pre, P10 Power Regenerator and several AC12 power cables. Personally I'd upgrade to the TRef's before I spent $15K on amps, but that's me.

If you keep an eye on Audio Advisor's clearance page you will often see "factory refreshed" JC1's for good prices. But if you get the BHK300's I'm going to invite myself over for a listen.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Best Power Amp for Triton Ones