file Best Power Amp for Triton Ones

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Brumtech, thanks for the great reply!!! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Audiophileman, yes, I use the Vincents, 3 mono blocks, for home theater and music only. My own personal view, if it (any gear) is not good enough for music, it is not good enough for home theater.
That is one reason why I have so many watts for all speakers. Even though the Triton series speakers are quite efficient, and can play well enough on somewhere around 25 wpc, I do not feel that will be dynamic enough for home theater use and rock n roll.
My experience is that the TOnes like power. But most of the time the Vincents are playing in Class A, the first few watts anyway, which is what most music calls for. And yet, when called for by a loud musical passage or song or movie, then they have LOTS of reserve power which is instantly there.
Let me just say, my amps (and I am sure this is true of all the amps you are considering) will play loud enough for music and movies and never run out of steam or sound strained in the least with the TOnes.
Enjoy what ever you select.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rackon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Audiophileman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 19
Audiophileman Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Thanks Brumtech, sounds like have a fantastic sounding system. This just proves to me the it is worth putting up with the heat, to get the 25 watts of pure class A. When you use the JC1 in home theater do you leave them in high bias as well, or do you switch to low, and not worry about it. If you leave them in high bias do you notice a difference in home theater as well? Also can you tell me what amps you are using for center, and surround, and atmos channels? When you mentioned you got a good deal at Audio Advisor, did you buy the JC1 used on their clearance section, or were they running a special of some kind? I have been watching closely for awhile, but have never seen anything on their site. Thanks for all the help. Audiophileman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Rackon

• Brumtech's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
Brumtech Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Thanks Audiophileman, it does make the rest of the world melt away. I assembled it over a long stretch of time and finally got it up and running in January (long story). I do feel that the JC1's are worth the heat, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kinda looking forward to winter! My guess is with your large room it will only be a minor issue. FYI the BHK300's also get pretty warm.
My system with the T1's is strictly two channel, audio only. My home theater is in another room and has no GE speakers. However, I hope I get some brownie points because it has four DefTech Mythos ST towers, which began my appreciation for Sandy's integrated sub design. I can't comment on amps for HT, I use an Integra AVR.
Yes, my amps were in the clearance section on AA, but the deal was also sent to me via email. The email listed them as "Factory Refreshed". Richard Schram from Parasound told me they're essentially new, most likely open box or display, etc. They appeared brand new to me. Sign up for emails from them. They regularly send out a Clearance Newsletter, which mirrors the clearance section of the site. I've seen them on there as well as the JC2 pre which I've read is a match made in heaven. The JC1's on there are usually around $3,200 per amp, but I don't recall seeing them there recently. If memory serves, I have seen them there at least twice this year. Additionally I've seen good deals on various Vincent amps in the Newsletter. I've also used the Music Direct clearance section multiple times for great deals, but you have to know what you're looking for.
More than glad to help and I agree with Wayne about having powerful amps feeding the T1's. There is an effortlessness to the music regardless of volume or genre. Like Wayne said, the T1's are efficient enough to keep the amps in Class A more of the time compared to more power hungry speakers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Rackon's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 55
Rackon Posted 6 years 11 months ago

Audiophileman wrote: He mentioned Ati and Mark Levinson. He said the JC1 is a great amp, but because the Tritons are so efficient with the powered woofers he said the load would be so easy on the JC1 he thought the sound would be thin. He sells all of the brands so he doesn't care but he is just giving his own personal opinion. Of course the Ati and Mark Levinson are high powered as well. To me I am thinking the 25 watts of pure Class A of the JC1 would be nice for 2 channel listening. And then for home theater it would change to A/B with up to 400 watts I would think the Tritons would sound fantastic with them. But of course everything is always subjective. Thanks Audiophileman.

I've heard the JC1s on a variety of speakers over the years (most of them much more power/current hungry than the Tritons) but I've never heard them sound thin. Quite the opposite. There is such a thing as system synergy but my guess is that if there was any thinness or edge heard through the JC1/TOne combo it was something else entirely!

I bet the Herron monoblocks would sound great too on the Ones. I had Keith's tubed preamp and ss monos once upon a time (for Alon Vs and Circes) and I LOVED them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Audiophileman

WayneWilmeth wrote: Audiophileman,
The Saint-Saens 3rd Symphony "Organ" has been mentioned on another post, I just played it in 3 channel DSD on my TOnes and SC X all with mono block Vincents.
WOW!!!! Powerful stuff!!!
I had Munch directing the Boston Symphony Orchestra in my home theater!!!! A solid wall of sound in front of me.
This is a raucous, blustering, LOUD, BIG symphony, piano and organ and all.
The TOnes held their own even with the volume cranked up so much my wife left the room, even before they really got to rocking.
These amps are much cheaper than a lot you are considering, mostly because they are designed in Germany but built in China. Similar to GEt speakers, building them in China with good quality control makes all the difference, price wise.
All your choices sound great, pun intended, but hybrid amps are an awesome choice to me.
With Class A, a no brainer.
God Bless,
Wayne

Now...wasn't that fun? :-)

WayneWilmeth wrote: Audiophileman,
The Saint-Saens 3rd Symphony "Organ" has been mentioned on another post, I just played it in 3 channel DSD on my TOnes and SC X all with mono block Vincents.
WOW!!!! Powerful stuff!!!
I had Munch directing the Boston Symphony Orchestra in my home theater!!!! A solid wall of sound in front of me.
This is a raucous, blustering, LOUD, BIG symphony, piano and organ and all.
The TOnes held their own even with the volume cranked up so much my wife left the room, even before they really got to rocking.
These amps are much cheaper than a lot you are considering, mostly because they are designed in Germany but built in China. Similar to GEt speakers, building them in China with good quality control makes all the difference, price wise.
All your choices sound great, pun intended, but hybrid amps are an awesome choice to me.
With Class A, a no brainer.
God Bless,
Wayne

Now...wasn't that fun? ;-)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Best Power Amp for Triton Ones