file Triton One report - in the wild!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Thanks for the kind words Po, they are encouraging.
I am so glad we can help you and others in finding ways to enjoy this cool hobby we have.
Ultimately to enjoy great music and movies.
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, fopmc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well Guys,
All of what I am reading that you guys are writing, trying or thinking about... I am pretty sure of one thing:
"You just can't go wrong with GEt speakers"!!!!
I have T3s as surrounds with T7s in the rear. I honestly think you would be fine with T7s or T5s everywhere, anywhere in the back of a home theater. With a sub that is.
BUT honestly, I think having the T3s is really only a noticable plus for me when I listen to surround sound music like the TACET 5.1 music that is recorded in a circle around the microphones, so that the listener is INSIDE and encircled by full range awesomeness.
I have mentioned these before, it is an unusual sound, many might not like it. But then the T3s shine.
Whatever you do/choose, you will win!
Enjoy, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, fopmc

• fopmc's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
fopmc Posted 9 years 3 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Well Guys,
All of what I am reading that you guys are writing, trying or thinking about... I am pretty sure of one thing:
"You just can't go wrong with GEt speakers"!!!!
I have T3s as surrounds with T7s in the rear. I honestly think you would be fine with T7s or T5s everywhere, anywhere in the back of a home theater. With a sub that is.
BUT honestly, I think having the T3s is really only a noticable plus for me when I listen to surround sound music like the TACET 5.1 music that is recorded in a circle around the microphones, so that the listener is INSIDE and encircled by full range awesomeness.
I have mentioned these before, it is an unusual sound, many might not like it. But then the T3s shine.
Whatever you do/choose, you will win!
Enjoy, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne

Wayne I'm glad you like the T3, looking at the driver arrangment it looks out of line a little, but I am glad you tell me otherwise, this is what ultimately makes a difference when making the choice. Everyone says go out and listen and audition the speakers, but time is so precious these days :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Po,

I would think of the T3 as an Aon model with the addition of a powered sub versus a Triton tower missing a mid range driver. I would not use the T3 for anything other than a surround as I feel the midrange is a little too laid back for me but that is simply my preference. They sound almost like a B&W speaker. I wonder what they could achieve with a 6 or 7 inch single mid range driver in the same configuration. My Aon 3 does not sound laid back at all. I find it perfectly balanced in the mids and highs.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• fopmc's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
fopmc Posted 9 years 3 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Po,

I would think of the T3 as an Aon model with the addition of a powered sub versus a Triton tower missing a mid range driver. I would not use the T3 for anything other than a surround as I feel the midrange is a little too laid back for me but that is simply my preference. They sound almost like a B&W speaker. I wonder what they could achieve with a 6 or 7 inch single mid range driver in the same configuration. My Aon 3 does not sound laid back at all. I find it perfectly balanced in the mids and highs.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Sheesh T Cobe, I am trying hard to curb my spending on my home theater.... and you just keep pushing pushing pushing :P

Seriously though, we talk of the T3 as something not being enough, when in fact, I think if either of us had it in place, it'll rock our socks off!

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey T Cobe,
Them are interesting observations and comparisons. I never had the Aons to compare with the Tritons. But the Triton 3s are quite the good surround speakers, to keep on the positive side of things. I don't know what B&W speakers you are referring to, never heard any B&W speakers sound as good as the T3s at anywhere near twice the price (yes the top end B&W are better, but that is not apples and apples). I suspect the key is you were talking about laid back sound, and that might be why they (the T3s) do not have pride of place in my systems.
Thanks for your always insightful and interesting input.
You made me think.
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Triton One report - in the wild!