file Triton One report - in the wild!

• fopmc's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fopmc Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Okay Thank you Moderator for your help!

Here's the set of photos I've off-put for some time now.
It was way cleaner to begin with and then I added a few more to my setup! :P

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I have today added the Triton 7 pair to my surround sound setup. I picked up a demo pair from my dealer, saving myself a pretty penny, but upon opening up the boxes when I got home, if not for the new taping around the box, I could imagine them as new!

Initial setup with them in stereo to make sure they were working fine, I can confidently say they perform every bit as well as the Triton 1s. Now hang on you say, yes the imaging matches that of its older brother, imagine superman growing up; having all the superpowers at a young age already, but obviously delivers it more epic-scale when bigger!

I experienced the same phantom center, and horizontally the sound stage does well. I would go as far as saying I could live with the 7s, but the 1s leave me not wanting anymore! I have now placed them on 15inch high custom solid walnut block ends. They are now my rear surrounds, also toed in! It feels very complete in my space. I look forward to spending more time with them.

Am I a fanboy yet, with what seems like glowing statements? Honestly, I'm too old for that, but I will call it as I hear it.

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Thanks Po for posting your pics, that is an awesome system you have there, and now made only better by the addition of the T7s,.
WOW!!!!!
Comments wanted? I wish you could move the system a bit to the left to get it a little farther away from that wall. And carpet all around, especially right in front of the Triton Ones, to absorb some of that first floor reflection point. Are those things necessary? Probably if they are too hard to do, then no they are not necessary, but might help some.
I can see the TLC and dedication you are putting into this system, and that is VERY commendable, you will reap great sonic rewards!!!!
Happy listening.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, fopmc

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for all the advice. Right now I need to just enjoy it as is, since what I have in mind is too big of a project to take on anytime soon, but you are right, room acoustic treatment is essential to reap the full potential.
I doubt I can move it more to the left, it is roughly 11feet wide across the length of the studio space! Potentially I really want to close out the space, carpet the floors, bass traps and monster traps. I've done a lot of research into this right now, but not sure how I really want to commit since I have quite some priorities coming up as always!

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Po,

Beautiful set up. Nice and clean with a minimalist feel. That would be a relaxing listening room. I bet it all sounds amazing as is. There are always tweaks but you're at least 90% there with the gear you have. I can't wait to add some amps myself. Definitely leaning towards Emotiva. They seem to offer tremendous value, just like GET. Seems like a natural match. Thank you for sharing your room with us!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
As always, you're very welcome T Cobe.

I'm excited to see how your system grows, I've already taken it 'way' beyond where I initally wanted to go with my HT. It's worked out all for the better.
Eventually they will be room tweaks. I personally think going with Emotiva will satisfy you, for both music and movies. I couldn't think of a better combination of performance and value these two players in the market.

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Triton One report - in the wild!