file Triton One report - in the wild!

• fopmc's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fopmc Posted 9 years 2 months ago
I made a few changes to my connection.

Initially I had just my SCXL connected to my center channel and amplified, then with the launch of SCXXL, there was talk about connecting two center channels, and with my in-ceiling center speaker freed up, I made the connection via a splitter from my receiver pre-amp output. With help from T. Cobe and moderator dude :)

After watching a few movies repeated times with 9 channels, with front heights and rear surrounds connected, I wasn't too impressed with the sound or how Neo X determines what goes where and how much. Instead, with the same idea as my center channel, I now have splitted my sorround source to both in-ceiling, and my Triton 7s, with no more rears, but the positions are the same.

I have to say, I am way more impressed with how the sound via these 7-channels speaker arrangement, but 9 channels on my receiver settings, with rears set to none. I have a +11 db gain on my surrounds and crossover to 60Hz, but I have to say it is much more enjoyable immersion. To this point I will further my movie watching and report back in future, but as far as an experience goes, I will say it is both noticeable, significant and positive.

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Po,

Glad you're enjoying your set up and finding new ways to squeeze out the added performance. It almost sounds like you have a pseudo Atmos set up going with height speakers getting info from your surrounds. I'm still a ways out from adding the ceiling speakers.

I just received the XPA-5 and have been allowing it to break in(and allowing me to get used to the sound). I have noticed a significant increase in the bass as well as added detail in the tweeters. I was expecting the bass but the added tweeter detail is an unexpected surprise. I'm not sure exactly why I would be getting both but I'll take it and be happier for it. I'm still running my back surrounds on the receiver so the next upgrade will be either the XPA-1 or -1L. I'm still debating if I need the extra power. Since I still have not been listening at reference volume on my receiver controls, I'm assuming that I have all the power I need with the 200 wpc so I'm leaning towards the XPA-1L. Do you find yours powerful enough? Thanks for the update. Happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Good job Po!!!!
After you have listened some more, pls report some more.
Did I get it right, you have rear surround speakers but are not using them? That was not too clear to me.
Or perhaps WHY is not too clear.
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hey Toby,
GREAT that you got yer new amp!!!!
And it sounds like (sorry for the pun) you have better sound because of it!!!!
Good for you, enjoy the break in and better bass and highs.
Good thing about you Bro Toby, I can be pretty sure you will update us as you go.
Happy Listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

T Cobe wrote: Po,

Glad you're enjoying your set up and finding new ways to squeeze out the added performance. It almost sounds like you have a pseudo Atmos set up going with height speakers getting info from your surrounds. I'm still a ways out from adding the ceiling speakers.

I just received the XPA-5 and have been allowing it to break in(and allowing me to get used to the sound). I have noticed a significant increase in the bass as well as added detail in the tweeters. I was expecting the bass but the added tweeter detail is an unexpected surprise. I'm not sure exactly why I would be getting both but I'll take it and be happier for it. I'm still running my back surrounds on the receiver so the next upgrade will be either the XPA-1 or -1L. I'm still debating if I need the extra power. Since I still have not been listening at reference volume on my receiver controls, I'm assuming that I have all the power I need with the 200 wpc so I'm leaning towards the XPA-1L. Do you find yours powerful enough? Thanks for the update. Happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe

I really do find my 1Ls powerful enough, but you can find that out easily, they are only a smidgen less than the XPA 5 with all channels connected! I think the isolated power really adds to it, and just the added dynamics is surprising and very welcome as you have noticed!

Thanks
Po

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

WayneWilmeth wrote: Good job Po!!!!
After you have listened some more, pls report some more.
Did I get it right, you have rear surround speakers but are not using them? That was not too clear to me.
Or perhaps WHY is not too clear.
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne

I have four speakers connected to my L/R surround channels, two speakers per surround channel (Triton 7s, and in-ceiling). My rear-surround channels from my receiver is set to none.
I did this, because I was not impressed with how the rear channels deliver the sound. I belive, having an extended 5.1 or 7.1 is better for me, since I do not have an Atmos receiver, so it's my own height-hybrid setup if you will.

I hope this clarifies otherwise I will try again :P

Thanks
Po

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Triton One report - in the wild!