file 60c vs XXL

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago

Steveo wrote: Also Aribraun well done on the xpa5! I got the same unit so we are 5 channel 200w brothers now along with many other good members in the forum :) in fact some guys are sporting even heavier amps from the emotiva line. Any xpr owners in the house? We can even buy the xpr line here in Australia they are too heavy.

Steveo,

I have the XPA-5 and a XPA-1L. I considered an XPA-1 or and XPR but they have WAY more power than I need or would ever use. Our Moderator just recommended not going over the recommended amplifier power for the Tritons, so the XPRs would probably be overkill. When I switched from my XPA-5 to the -1L on my center channel, I had to turn down the power to that channel by -5 dB! That tells me that once I have them powering the T1s, I will see a noticeable increase. The XPA-1L has really improved the performance of the SSXL.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51, aribraun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Great report Steveo and I believe you are just getting started Dude!!!!!
And it is wonderful that your wife is sooooo supportive!!!
First, you got some pretty ratty wires outta the way and that is gonna help for sure!
Now you got a new source and I have to believe it will also make a BIG difference, probably a bigger difference than the cables.
--
AGAIN, there is nothing wrong with liking your EQ, IF you gotta have it that way, then fine.
--
BUT I really believe you are on the right track to not "need" the EQ for great sound.
===
Let's see where these moves get you?
And then we can talk about whether your Yammy can cut it in your new and improved AWESOME system.
But the Yammy might be fine with the other improvements you have made.
PLEASE keep us informed, it is fun watching how you get on.
And have fun, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, aribraun

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Steveo. info_outline
Thanks TCobe. My dealer was playing the t1s with a Hegel last weekend not sure if it was the 160 or 300. I never heard of the Hegel brand before. They did sound really good so you have made me stand up and take notice of this brand now the fact that it is your favourite.

I will have to check out how my sound goes with the hapz1. I also liked the look of sandys favourite Line Magnetic tube amp too. Might be a bit large and impractical for me at the moment but the write ups on that unit were excellent.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks Wayne for the support! I want to ask you something about my surrounds. I think you are the king of surrounds here! Correct me if I am wrong you have t3 s and t7s in surround and rear duties is that right? Awesome.

I wanted to ask if changing my cables that I had in those photos would be worth it for me if I am only running ss3s in surround and inly running movies in surround? At the moment the surrounds sound great and I wouldn't want to spend so much on surrounds as I did with my $30 per metre cable with $25per pair interconnects. Do you think I am fine to leave these wires as they are? Or can you or anyone recommend a cheaper cable for surround duties? I don't want so spend like $1000 bucks if I added my current cables as my surrounds have long runs so that's why I wanted to ask.
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, aribraun

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Steveo. info_outline
Are you only running the xpa 1l for the centre not the t1s?
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, aribraun

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hey Steveo, Thanks for the great compliment!!!
I have used long runs of the just clear plastic covered cheap speaker wire, as big as I could get, for rear surrounds for years. We do what we have to do. When I finally got to build my home theater and put really good speakers (T3s and T7s as you said) in the sides and rear, I was able to run that signal cable Classic cables in the floor at $5 a foot (after the first 4 ft. at 31.50) and for 2 surrounds, 2 rears and a FF5 sub that was quire a bit of wire. It was not cheap, but I didn't want anything holding back my Triton towers. Is the difference that important? Worth the money? Well, we are talking about 1st world problems here, and for me it was worth it.
Can you go with cheaper cables, SURE and you will be happy with it.
I hope this helps, but it is really up to every person as to what is worth the money.
Have fun, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aribraun

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back