file Triton towers with built-in amps prone to failure...?

• Dave's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 12
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Dave Posted 2 years 8 months ago
No I will move towards a non amped tower.
Denon 4311, OPPO 205, Lumin D2 Network Streamer, Sony 65" OLED, GE Triton 2, GE Super Sat 50/50, GE Super Sat 3C, All cables Blue Jean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 12
Dave Posted 2 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Dave. info_outline
My speakers are out of warranty, but I hoping the amp that was replaced in late 2020 is still in some type of warranty. Yes the T2 is a old design actually the first design which I have., We will see.

OH PS, the last amp they replaced in 2021 time frame, doesn't even have a serial # on the white sticker
Denon 4311, OPPO 205, Lumin D2 Network Streamer, Sony 65" OLED, GE Triton 2, GE Super Sat 50/50, GE Super Sat 3C, All cables Blue Jean.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• dollarbrand's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
dollarbrand Posted 2 years 8 months ago
I too have had sub amp failures on both of my Triton2s. They just don"t seem to be all that relible, however GE has been quick

to offer replacements even out of warrenty if you agree to ship them the defective parts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave

• dimitrios fakitsas's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
dimitrios fakitsas Posted 2 years 7 months ago
dear DDHAL i have the same problem with my internal sub sections.it happened on both my triton one speakers.is it possoble that you will send to me also those restructions of replacement?at the time i'm using the speakers without plug in the subs.but it's loosing all that power and low frequencies....i'm afraid that if i reconnect it again they will make that awful gig sound like fireworks or gunshots!i already tried it 2 times and the problem continued to exist...my e mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 2 years 7 months ago

dear DDHAL i have the same problem with my internal sub sections.it happened on both my triton one speakers.is it possoble that you will send to me also those restructions of replacement?at the time i'm using the speakers without plug in the subs.but it's loosing all that power and low frequencies....i'm afraid that if i reconnect it again they will make that awful gig sound like fireworks or gunshots!i already tried it 2 times and the problem continued to exist...my e mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I do not have instructions for the amp replacement. Contact GoldenEar support This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• southsider's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
southsider Posted 2 years 7 months ago
The instruction on how to install the replacement Amp comes with the email from Chet when you order it.
Chet is a great guy I replaced two of the Amps on my Triton 3s already.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton towers with built-in amps prone to failure...?