file Lost most of low frequency from pair of Triton 2 after storm

• Sbhat3's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Sbhat3 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
I have pair of Triton 2 fr and FL, supercenter60 center and pair of supersat for Sr and SL... Connected to marantz sr7005 through emotiva xpa5 amp. Have hadvthisvsetup working perfectly for at least 7 years.

System was working fine during daytime yesterday. Since last evening, I find very little lowfrequency sound from both triton 2. Whatever lowfrequency I hear is from the top half of the tower and not the bottom. No setting changes were made in the interval.. There was a thunderstorm with lot of lightning early in the evening that lasted 20 minutes. Good quality surge protector being used. Ever6else is working ok including the receiver and amplifier.

Rebooted everything.. checked all settings. Everything looks ok. Problem remains. Any suggestions for things to check before I take these triton 2 pair for servicing... The dealership is very far from where I live.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 2 months ago
Did you check the fuses? Do the power lights on the back of the speakers come on at all? Assuming the fuses are still intact, try disconnecting everything from the speakers and let them sit for at least 60 minutes or so, then reconnect and power up to see if things work properly.

If not, it is possible the amps have quit functioning. At that point, please email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your speakers' serial numbers, copy of original purchase receipt and your contact info so they can try to make the repair process as smooth as can be.

Thanks for your prompt response. The fuses are ok and the power lights are always on. As advised, I diconbected the speakers from all cables for about 2 hours. On reconnecting, I think I am hearing the low frequency from both 2s , like before. So I am hoping they have been reset to normal. I'll let you know if I hear anything different be tomorrow. I can sleep well tonight.

I am happy to have invested in GE technology.

Thank you very much, Sandy.

last night, i think I listened to the wrong kind of music to check if the subwoofers in triton 2 pair were functioning. I felt they were ok then.

However, this morning I tried music and movie scenes with a lot of low frequency sound, which I have previously heard on my present set up numerous times . They did not sound the same and the lowfrequency was mainly from speakers on top , not the subwoofers.

Like I said before, the fuses on both speakers are ok and the green power lights are on. I had disconnected all cables from both speakers for at least 2 hours.

Before I send the speakers to get fixed, is there anyway I could confirm that it is definitely the amps in the speakers and not something in the marantz receiver or the emotiva amplifier that is the problem?

I stay very far from the nearest GE dealership...so it would be nice to know for sure that it is the subwoofer amp which is the problem prior to driving a long distance with the speakers to find out they are ok.

Thanks.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 2 months ago
Try playing material that has a lot of low frequencies (deep bass) and listen to see if the woofers are playing it. The mid-range drivers will not play low bass, so if you have low bass, the amps and woofers should be fine.

• vandellyn's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
vandellyn Posted 4 years 11 months ago
I was wondering what the outcome of this issue was? I appear to have exactly the same issue with both of my Triton 2s of similar vintage. I'm not sure when it happened, but we recently moved, and during setup I noticed that there was no bass out of both speakers. I thought it could be the receiver, and changed out for a new one, but still no bass. I added LFE cables and changed the settings accordingly, but no bass. I removed the power and plugged it back in to get the flashing green light, and steady on input, but no bass. The fuses were fine.

What else to try? The speakers are out of warranty, so I am concerned about costs here. I bought them in Austin, but now live in Santa Fe. I hope I don't have to drag them down to the dealer in Albuquerque to get them fixed.

bp

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Lost most of low frequency from pair of Triton 2 after storm