file Lost most of low frequency from pair of Triton 2 after storm

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 11 months ago

vandellyn wrote: I was wondering what the outcome of this issue was? I appear to have exactly the same issue with both of my Triton 2s of similar vintage. I'm not sure when it happened, but we recently moved, and during setup I noticed that there was no bass out of both speakers. I thought it could be the receiver, and changed out for a new one, but still no bass. I added LFE cables and changed the settings accordingly, but no bass. I removed the power and plugged it back in to get the flashing green light, and steady on input, but no bass. The fuses were fine.

What else to try? The speakers are out of warranty, so I am concerned about costs here. I bought them in Austin, but now live in Santa Fe. I hope I don't have to drag them down to the dealer in Albuquerque to get them fixed.

bp

How long were the speakers disconnected from AC power? I suggest 15-30 minutes before plugging them back in to power. Is there a shot that the volume control on the back of each speaker is turned down? Are they set to Small in your AVR's setup? Very odd that both speakers exhibit the same problem at the same time.

If worse comes to worst, contact the dealer in Albuquerque to see if they'll repair them for you. When were the speakers originally purchased?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vandellyn's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
vandellyn Posted 4 years 11 months ago
I've got them loaded in the back of my car and about to take them to the dealer. I bought them in 2011 I think. I left them unpowered overnight. Volume control was at 11, but I turned them up and down without effect. Most strange indeed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

vandellyn Posted 4 years 11 months ago
So I took my Tritons to Listen Up, where a very helpful Patrick dropped the socks and removed the amps. Both dead, but drivers ok. He contacted Goldenear and they have agreed to replace them under warranty. So now I wait for them to come in. I upgraded my center from a 3C to a Supercenter X as well, and got a trial Onkyo 797 for the comms. It will be interesting to see how it all goes together now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

vandellyn Posted 4 years 10 months ago
The amps came in last week and Listen Up installed them right away. Dragged them back to Santa Fe with a new Supercenter X, cranked them up, and the heavens opened again. Thank you GoldenEars for replacing the amps. Delicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Lost most of low frequency from pair of Triton 2 after storm