file Anyone upgrade from Triton Two to Triton Two +

• davelarz's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
davelarz Posted 6 years 5 months ago
If so can you describe your experience? Was it worth it? I'm a big fan of my T2's, use them for 2-channel audio with an all-tube system, and I simply haven't heard anything within shouting distance price-wise that I think is a decisive upgrade. Auditioned a pair of 7k DeVore speakers in my house and couldn't believe how badly they were trounced by the T2's in an A-B (the DeVores were gorgeous - I'll say that for them). So I am thinking about trading my T2 in on the T2+, but there are varying opinions on whether this is worthwhile. My local dealer doesn't have any T2s on hand for me to compare directly to the plus model and hearing the T2+ in a different room w different amplification... it just doesn't tell me much. It's enough money and even more so enough of a hassle that I only want to do it if it'll be a... well not exactly a "knock-my-socks-off" upgrade, but something in the vicinity. Thanks for any input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
What do you expect to gain going to the 2+? It sounds like a sideways move to me. If you want more of the same, but better, move up to the Triton 1 speakers. going up to the 2+ would be a big waste of money INHO.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

What I’m hoping for... what do we always hope for in an upgrade? Reviews would have one believe that the T2+ is comparable to the sq of the T1 just with a little less power. T1 is too big for my room - T2 already pushing it a little sizewise. But this is exactly the type of feedback I’m looking for - maybe it isn’t worth it. Maybe I don’t need to upgrade my speakers at all. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don’t make

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Hi Davelarz, welcome to the forum and this is exactly the place to ask your questions.
Glad to have you here.
So, first, I cannot answer your question as I have the T 2s for years now and love them. They are great speakers. Never heard the 2+s though.
I can agree with Stereo5 though, as I moved up from the T 2s to the TOnes. He is right, THAT is a big move and well worth the money. IF you can trade up to the TOnes I HIGHLY recommend it.
I did not get rid of my T 2s though, I moved them to the sides/rear as surround speakers.
I can tell you this, you will not notice the difference in size between the T 2s and TOnes in your room, they take the same amount of room, EXCEPT when you play them, then you will HEAR the difference.
What I am saying is that the TOnes will fit anywhere the T 2s did.
I hope this helps. IF you can trade for the TOnes you will be sooooo glad you did.
Let us know what you decide.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 5 months ago
I've not heard the T2+s either. But I agree with Wayne, there is less than 2 inches size difference in terms of the base on the T1's. The real difference is the height of 54 vs 48. Don't worry, they won't block out the sun. Do yourself a favor and audition the T1's if possible, that would be an appreciable upgrade above the Orginal T2's.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

I really appreciate al the feedback and have to say you’re making me feel like maybe I should get the T2+. Multiple reviews have said that the T2+ sounds very similar to the T1 - one reviewer A-B’ed them side by side and said he heard no difference. My listening room is 13x13 and I’m just not putting the T1’s in there, they’ll look ridiculous and while I love the triton tower sound I am not a huge fan of the look. But taking into account what you’re saying about the upgrade from T2 to T1 and reviewers assessment of the T2+ being right on a par with the T1 seems like it might be worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Anyone upgrade from Triton Two to Triton Two +