file Anyone upgrade from Triton Two to Triton Two +

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
If the reviewer heard them side by side and couldn't hear any difference, then I wouldn't trust that reviewer. Perhaps he doesn't know what to listen for or has wax build up in his ears.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• davelarz's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
davelarz Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Stereo 5 - so you've heard the T2+ and T1 side by side and thought there was a considerable difference in the T1's favor?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Here is the review btw - hometheaterreview.com/goldenear-technolo...r-reviewed-1/?page=2 - with these two assessments:

When played at the same level in the same room, taking into account the differences in size, I'd have to say the biggest audible difference between them is that the Triton Two+ is a little more laid back in the very upper frequencies (from 10 kHz up to and beyond the point where my hearing gives out, just above 17 kHz), but it's still noticeably enhanced in this range as compared with most speakers. Other than that, it really just mostly boils down to a difference in output and, to a lesser degree, dynamic punch in the lower end.

I suppose you could always ask for more SPL, and for that there's the Triton One. If you don't have the room to really let the Triton One loose, though, the Triton Two+ is the next best thing (or maybe the next better thing considering its price). It's everything I love about the Triton One--the detail, the transparency, the depth of its soundstage, and the dynamics--scaled down to a size that better fits my home and my lifestyle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I did not hear the T2 and T2+ side by side. I had T2 speakers in my secondary system and loved them, and heard the T2+ at the dealer when I ordered my T Ref speakers. It seemed more of the same with slightly more clarity, but not enough difference to make me want to trade the T2 towards the 2+. I ended up selling the T2 when I got my T Refs in. My T1 speakers went upstairs to make room for my T Refs and I sold the T2 speakers.

Although the reviewer says otherwise, I stand by my experience. IMHO, Home Theater Review is not a magazine I read, I trust Stereophile much more than HTR. I am definitely NOT into home theater, it is strictly 2channel stereo for me.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

I appreciate your input - firsthand experience is what I'm after and you certainly seem to have a lot of experience with the Triton tower line! I never set much store by a single review myself whether it's John Atkinson or somebody from HomeTheaterReview. But it is something that comes up a lot in reviews - that the T2+ is very close in SQ to the T1. What I should probably do is audition the T2+ and the T1 at my dealer and see if I agree with that assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by stereo5. info_outline
That is exactly what I would do. I have made many sideways moves in the past and I have learned from it. I don't know what it would cost to trade the T2 for the T2+, but I am sure it will cost at least 2200.00 USD for them including the trade. I sold mine on Audiogon and gave them away for 1400.00 and I had to list them twice because everyone wanted the + model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Anyone upgrade from Triton Two to Triton Two +