• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

davelarz wrote: But it is something that comes up a lot in reviews - that the T2+ is very close in SQ to the T1. What I should probably do is audition the T2+ and the T1 at my dealer and see if I agree with that assessment.

Amen to listening for yourself! I have lots of listening hours on the T2's, T1's (and T Ref's). I don't doubt that the 2+ upgrade brings the 2's SQ closer to the T1's over-all. But they still can't match the bass heft of the 1's, with the extra bass driver, more radiators, more powerful amp, plus larger mid range drivers, etc.

My experience is that every step up with Tritons, and GEt's in general, is more of everything, but still that amazing GEt sound. Don't know how they do that, but they do.

Nothing beats listening, and deciding what fits your ears, and budget, best!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 5 months ago

stereo5 wrote: What do you expect to gain going to the 2+? It sounds like a sideways move to me. If you want more of the same, but better, move up to the Triton 1 speakers. going up to the 2+ would be a big waste of money INHO.

Totally agree with Stereo5. I also auditioned the 2+. They were excellent sounding speakers ant the clarity and accuracy of the music was excellent. Then the dealer moved the Triton Ones into that same position and we used the same CD's and tracks. I knew in minutes I was hooked on the T-Ones. The T-Ones had the "slam" and depth of the bass I was looking for and the great sound was still there. Don't get me wrong, the 2+ is an excellent speaker but the T-Ones are so much more.

Upgrading to the 2+ won't be that much of an improvement...IMHO at least.

Del
T-Ones, SuperCenter XXL, 50s for the rear speakers.
Integra preamp + Parasound A51 power amp
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 5 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote:

davelarz wrote: But it is something that comes up a lot in reviews - that the T2+ is very close in SQ to the T1. What I should probably do is audition the T2+ and the T1 at my dealer and see if I agree with that assessment.

Amen to listening for yourself! I have lots of listening hours on the T2's, T1's (and T Ref's). I don't doubt that the 2+ upgrade brings the 2's SQ closer to the T1's over-all. But they still can't match the bass heft of the 1's, with the extra bass driver, more radiators, more powerful amp, plus larger mid range drivers, etc.

My experience is that every step up with Tritons, and GEt's in general, is more of everything, but still that amazing GEt sound. Don't know how they do that, but they do.

Nothing beats listening, and deciding what fits your ears, and budget, best!

Rick

Hey Rick, you hit the nail on the heat; the T2's don't have the bass heft of the T1's. Second what you said about how they did it with the drivers and radiators and bigger amp and larger mid range drivers.

Like you I always recommend people listen and decide what is best for their ears.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Timecop. info_outline
I’ll be a dissenter. I found the t2+ to be a significant upgrade from t2’s - particularly in articulateness and overall bass response. This is due to redesigned midrange drivers & crossovers, and updated low-frequency DSP. In terms of justifying the upgrade cost - that’s up to each individual.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• davelarz's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
davelarz Posted 6 years 5 months ago
This is all great information - thanks. I think it’s obvious what I need to do - listen to both the T2+ and the T1 at my dealer. If I feel like the T2+ is performing close to the T1 level, I’m thinking I will go for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Anyone upgrade from Triton Two to Triton Two +