file Tower placement from walls?

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Art, that's great. I'm glad it worked out for you too!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stephen1254's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 15
Stephen1254 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
I've gone the opposite direction with my One's, with the center of the front of the speaker toed in to the MLP and about 27" from the side wall, and the speakers forming a 10' a side equilateral triangle with my MLP. Each speaker is about 6" closer to my MLP than the position of my Two's.

Nothing is finalized - it's only been 3 days - but I am amazed at the difference between the One's and the Two's. There is a family resemblance but that's about it - the One's sound huge in my room with very deep and clearly defined bass. I had read several reviews that talked about tilting the speaker forward to better align the tweeter with the ear while seated and I found that a significant improvement. I'm looking forward to more dialing in of the speakers, but to quote a review I read over 40 years ago of the first Tom Petty album: "these guys are good."

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Stephen1254,

I think the distance to the side or front walls is not terribly important, especially when you can adjust the bass gain with the speaker amps. That equilateral triangle gives you great imaging, and it looks like you're on your way to a great setup.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 2 months ago
I have now settled in to the equilateral position of my Ones. Dimensions are 15 feet between Ones and between Ones and my PLP. Speakers are tilted up from back to front, using my screws-in-base approach. Speakers are pointed to a position slightly wider than directly at my PLP.

No apparent bass impact by having speakers about 6 inches away from walls.

Imaging is best I have heard so far in my setup. I am unaware of each speaker unless stereo left/right separation is pronounced on a recording.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think we're going to have to start the Equilateral Club, Sandy being founding member.

Art, your listening description matches mine. I think it works very well.

I'm tall (6' 4"), so I elected to elevate my couch for comfort and to put me more in line with the tweeter axis. My TRefs have no tilt.

Charlie

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Charlie,

I have experimented with various tilts for my Triton Ones and Rear Triton Sevens. With my screws in base approach, changing tilt angles is straightforward and relatively simple. Currently, both sets of speakers are tilted upward (front higher than rear).

I believe I prefer this angle, but I don't have a strong opinion or preference. I listen mostly to classical music (choral, vocal and instrumental) - perhaps the type of music affects my perception of the sound. Or perhaps the nature of my room (cluttered with lots of furniture and stuff and with tile over slab floor). Or, perhaps my odd-ball use of my Triton Sevens as "Rear-side Fronts" to augment the sound in the room without calling attention to their presence.

?????????????

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Tower placement from walls?