file New Triton two Plus

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 8 months ago

imahawki wrote:

T Cobe wrote: Just my two cents, but I think it would be great for current T2 owners to have an upgrade path for their Tritons. I'm guessing the T2+ is going to be GETs top seller. With all the improvements, I'm guessing they are going to sound eerily close to the T1s. I'd bet the difference may only really shine through at higher playback levels, but we'll see how the reviews come back. If the T2s had a little more transparency when Impurchased my T1s, I would have went for the T2s.

If I already owned the T2s, I wouldn't take a loss just to purchase the latest model. As Imahawki has said, there are other things you can do to improve your sound first. Then, if GET offers an upgrade package, I'd go that route. There is always going to be a bigger, better, newer, etc... The T2s are great speakers! Just kick back and enjoy the music.

Cheers,

T Cobe

I have a decent understanding of speaker design. I'd be surprised if this was even feasible. Assuming they made zero changes to the cabinet, which may or may not be true, you'd probably be looking at changing the crossover which probably would require changing the amplifier since the DSP is in the amp circuitry and relates to the crossover. And its possible they tweaked some or all of the drivers.

If they did change the cabinet or if they moved the drivers in the top at all you're toast. The crossover is designed around the MTM placement relative to each other and overall placement in the cabinet and the frequency response (or resonances) would change if they changed the cabinet and then that would be adjusted in the new crossovers.

Interesting points u raised there. So how do u see improvement in triton 2+ by evaluating the information provided by the moderator in this thread. They did not change the cabinet but the drivers, coils, spiders, crossovers and dsp. Will this be the major improvment ?
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 8 months ago

Umer Hameed wrote:

imahawki wrote:

T Cobe wrote: Just my two cents, but I think it would be great for current T2 owners to have an upgrade path for their Tritons. I'm guessing the T2+ is going to be GETs top seller. With all the improvements, I'm guessing they are going to sound eerily close to the T1s. I'd bet the difference may only really shine through at higher playback levels, but we'll see how the reviews come back. If the T2s had a little more transparency when Impurchased my T1s, I would have went for the T2s.

If I already owned the T2s, I wouldn't take a loss just to purchase the latest model. As Imahawki has said, there are other things you can do to improve your sound first. Then, if GET offers an upgrade package, I'd go that route. There is always going to be a bigger, better, newer, etc... The T2s are great speakers! Just kick back and enjoy the music.

Cheers,

T Cobe

I have a decent understanding of speaker design. I'd be surprised if this was even feasible. Assuming they made zero changes to the cabinet, which may or may not be true, you'd probably be looking at changing the crossover which probably would require changing the amplifier since the DSP is in the amp circuitry and relates to the crossover. And its possible they tweaked some or all of the drivers.

If they did change the cabinet or if they moved the drivers in the top at all you're toast. The crossover is designed around the MTM placement relative to each other and overall placement in the cabinet and the frequency response (or resonances) would change if they changed the cabinet and then that would be adjusted in the new crossovers.

Interesting points u raised there. So how do u see improvement in triton 2+ by evaluating the information provided by the moderator in this thread. They did not change the cabinet but the drivers, coils, spiders, crossovers and dsp. Will this be the major improvment ?

I was merely stating that all of those things would basically require a total overhaul of pretty much everything but the box. It is definitely possible that they could make major sonic improvements with the changes they made. They're big changes. I was merely stating that if they moved drivers or changed anything about them or the enclosure that would require replacing pretty much everything (crossover, DSP, which I understand is built into the amp and so now you need to replace that).

If it were me, I would either save for the T1s or just keep the T2s and not worry. Like I said I went through this with Klipsch and decided to upgrade BIG and move to GEt rather than going from Reference to Reference Premier and get a probably very real upgrade, but much smaller than what I got going to GEt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Imahawki,

The biggest difference between the T2 and the T1 during my extensive listening tests was just about 5 to 10% improvement in clarity, which offers many benefits. Based on my listening to the T5 and the feedback on the SCXXL, I think any GET product with the upgraded crossovers are going to sound better. I haven't heard the T2+ yet but I'm guessing the for moderate listening levels in medium to small sized rooms, you would have a tough time picking out the T1 and T2+ In a blind listening test. Even with the original T2, I had to do an A/B comparison in the same listening session a few times to really be able to hear the difference. My hypothesis is the T2+ is going to narrow the gap and be nearly as good. The T1 will probably behave better at higher volumes and still have a little louder and more tonality in the sub section.

Unless the new drivers are not compatible with the balanced crossover, I'd bet you could just update the crossover and hear the added clarity. The sub section in the T2 was already fantastic and didn't need any tweaking in my opinion. That said, I still agree with you: if you own a T2, its a great speaker! Be happy with it and don't look back if an upgrade doesn't become available. Invest more money in electronics and acoustic treatments and you will be rewarded. In fact, I would go as far to say that most people would probably benefit more from the acoustic treatments. Just my .02. Thanks for the dialogue! I appreciate your input. I feel like we agree on a lot of points.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but you'd bet much better than 10% improvement clarity by installing acoustic treatments at the first reflection point and bass traps in the corners.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Agreed, that was what I tried to say at the end of my last paragraph. Again, it's all degrees of good here. I've been playing with acoustics myself and recently found some reflection issues I need a permanent solution to resolve.
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I have not treatments right now but I pretty much have a GIK room kit in my shopping basket waiting. I want to do corner bass traps, first reflection points, and some diffusion on the ceiling. I've read having diffusion on the ceiling can make it sound higher, psycho-acoustically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton two Plus