file New Triton two Plus

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago

Umer Hameed wrote: Just when i am enjoying my recently bought setup of triton 2 home cinema , i read that goldenear have just launched the new Triton 2 +. Alas ! All of the sudden my triton 2 sounds dull to me .. Lol jk. But seriously , should i consider changing my system? Is the difference huge in hearing or just the fancy upgradation? I am more a movie guy , listen to stereo ocassionally. So plz guide me Moderator , I may have the option to return my tritons 2 to the dealer and wait for the new tritons to arrive. Would it be really worth for?

These upgrades really cut down the market value of old tritons to half and its not fair to the recent buyers ;(. Just my opinion.

Its been six years since the introduction of the $2500/pair Triton Twos. The improvements are significant and the new model now costs $3500/pair. The original Triton Twos are still just as good as they were six years ago, and still are "Audio Product of the Year" and "Loudspeaker of the Year" winners.

I have a 2015 car that just got a makeover in 2016. I am not mad at the car manufacturer for improving their product, and I knew a new model that I wanted more would certainly come out in a new model year. As someone once said, be happy with what you have...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

imahawki wrote: The reality is (and I'm not disparaging GEt at all here) the changes are probably not huge.

Actually, they are huge. But I agree, certainly not worth making a change when all those other areas are certainly capable of yielding significant improvements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

T Cobe wrote: Just my two cents, but I think it would be great for current T2 owners to have an upgrade path for their Tritons. I'm guessing the T2+ is going to be GETs top seller. With all the improvements, I'm guessing they are going to sound eerily close to the T1s. I'd bet the difference may only really shine through at higher playback levels, but we'll see how the reviews come back. If the T2s had a little more transparency when I purchased my T1s, I would have went for the T2s.

If I already owned the T2s, I wouldn't take a loss just to purchase the latest model. As Imahawki has said, there are other things you can do to improve your sound first. Then, if GET offers an upgrade package, I'd go that route. There is always going to be a bigger, better, newer, etc... The T2s are great speakers! Just kick back and enjoy the music.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Agreed. And yes, we are evaluating the possibility for upgrade kits but it remains a very remote possibility at this moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

imahawki wrote:

T Cobe wrote: Just my two cents, but I think it would be great for current T2 owners to have an upgrade path for their Tritons. I'm guessing the T2+ is going to be GETs top seller. With all the improvements, I'm guessing they are going to sound eerily close to the T1s. I'd bet the difference may only really shine through at higher playback levels, but we'll see how the reviews come back. If the T2s had a little more transparency when Impurchased my T1s, I would have went for the T2s.

If I already owned the T2s, I wouldn't take a loss just to purchase the latest model. As Imahawki has said, there are other things you can do to improve your sound first. Then, if GET offers an upgrade package, I'd go that route. There is always going to be a bigger, better, newer, etc... The T2s are great speakers! Just kick back and enjoy the music.

Cheers,

T Cobe

I have a decent understanding of speaker design. I'd be surprised if this was even feasible. Assuming they made zero changes to the cabinet, which may or may not be true, you'd probably be looking at changing the crossover which probably would require changing the amplifier since the DSP is in the amp circuitry and relates to the crossover. And its possible they tweaked some or all of the drivers.

If they did change the cabinet or if they moved the drivers in the top at all you're toast. The crossover is designed around the MTM placement relative to each other and overall placement in the cabinet and the frequency response (or resonances) would change if they changed the cabinet and then that would be adjusted in the new crossovers.

New midrange drivers (one for the T3, two for the T2), new crossover, new input panel (DSP board). No cabinet or structural changes from current production Tritons. Feasibility is the big question, which we will be evaluating in the months to come after the intro of the new models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

imahawki wrote:

T Cobe wrote: Just my two cents, but I think it would be great for current T2 owners to have an upgrade path for their Tritons. I'm guessing the T2+ is going to be GETs top seller. With all the improvements, I'm guessing they are going to sound eerily close to the T1s. I'd bet the difference may only really shine through at higher playback levels, but we'll see how the reviews come back. If the T2s had a little more transparency when Impurchased my T1s, I would have went for the T2s.

Cheers,

T Cobe

I have a decent understanding of speaker design. I'd be surprised if this was even feasible. Assuming they made zero changes to the cabinet, which may or may not be true, you'd probably be looking at changing the crossover which probably would require changing the amplifier since the DSP is in the amp circuitry and relates to the crossover. And its possible they tweaked some or all of the drivers.

If they did change the cabinet or if they moved the drivers in the top at all you're toast. The crossover is designed around the MTM placement relative to each other and overall placement in the cabinet and the frequency response (or resonances) would change if they changed the cabinet and then that would be adjusted in the new crossovers.

New midrange drivers (one for the T3, two for the T2), new crossover, new input panel (DSP board). No cabinet or structural changes from current production Tritons. Feasibility is the big question, which we will be evaluating in the months to come after the intro of the new models.

I really appreciate your transparency here. This still seems like a lot to swap out. I understand and have experienced the OPs feelings before but I think you still have a great set of speakers, focus on what else you can do to improve the sound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Imahawki,

I agree, it does seem like a lot and most manufacturers would never even consider it. That's one of the things that makes GET great! If I was a T2 owner, particularly one that made a recent purchase, I would want the latest and greatest. I would also like our forum members that have been GET customers from early on to have the opportunity to upgrade their sound without having to purchase all new T2+ speakers. Of course this idea also appeals to my inner tree hugger in that it allows customers to recycle, repurpose, and re-use their Triton towers.

I also appreciate GETs perspective and your input: the T2 is a GREAT speaker! I sincerely respect that GET isn't resting on it's laurels and is moving forward. I hate companies that rest on success and don't constantly push the envelope. My philosophy is that if your not moving forward you're being left behind. That is certainly not the case with GET. On top of that, I think they are pushing the value envelope with each new release. The T2+ is likely going to be very close in sound to the T1, and that is a brave, customer focused decision. Just my opinions...

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton two Plus